Chapter 50 (Human DreamS̴͖̄͛ẉ̸̬̰͂̓͠ą̷̭͔͇̭̱̯̃́̓p̴̨̜͉͙͈̜̙̱͓͛̏̿̀̌̌͐ Multiverse)

Dream grows more attached to Karma but it might be too late

———

Human DreamSwap

Next thing Dream knew he was waking up, being bombarded with feelings of joy and longing, coming from beside him. Opening his eyes he wanted to laugh at the tiny eyes entranced by his red pin and the way their black wings twitched each time they touched it.

He hadn't slept that well in ages and wondered what it was about the other that attracted his attention. It couldn't just be their appearance, so perhaps it was that they didn't expect much from him and he wanted to prove that he could be relied on. He would have plenty of time to sort out his feelings but now he needed to focus on the present.

"Morning, little apple. Someone seems happy"

Lifting his wing away from them he headed to the door to grab some food.

"You can stay there, little one. I'll have breakfast brought to us"

The declarations of 'not being hungry' and 'you don't need to bother' were ignored, as he could sense how starving they were. He had just gotten a maid's attention and had requested some food, when the child's emotions abruptly switched off. Turning around he was alarmed to see them collapsed on the floor and pulled them into his arms, then sat on the bed.

He checked them over, glad they hadn't done any damage to themselves from the fall. He rocked them in his grip, observing how he was starting to shake from the scare. Dream had gotten too attached, he would need to take a step back from this. He couldn't let his emotions govern his actions, not again.

"It's ok. I have you. You are safe with me, little apple"

Thankfully food soon came and their emotions started to stir. Feelings of revulsion and fear grew as a maid brought in the food and he could already tell this was going to be a struggle to convince them to eat.

"Let's sit you up more. It's nice and simple food"

A quiet hiss caught his attention as he moved the broth to their face, making him chirp sharply in response. He was slightly embarrassed he let that out and was glad it wasn't in front of his staff. He usually had much better self control than this.

"Tiny sips. It should be nice and gentle on your stomach. Aren't you feeling dizzy right now? You know food would help"

He carefully placed the cup near their mouth and watched as their hesitance changed to excitement at the taste. He was sad that such a simple dish excited them and how eager they were to eat more, as if it would be taken from them otherwise. Pulling it away he waited for the other to calm down.

"You will make yourself sick if you drink that quickly. Slow slips then you can have some toast to try"

The tray was easily finished between the two of them and he often had to intervene, to stop them from stuffing more into their mouth. They would hardly be able to handle it and he didn't wish to make them sick. Their purring started up again and he basked in the positivity that was being produced. He would love to eradicate that filthy negativity staining their SOUL but didn't dare to touch it.

He was wary how they would react as young could have violent reactions to emotional magic, especially when they were mistreated. Their minds sometimes confused the happy feelings given as negativity or outright distrusted the feeling. He had never hurt any children purposely but he had gotten close in his early years, when he was testing his magic.

Children needed a much more gentle touch and low magic, to aid them compared to adults. He would have to get a doctor to look them over, as while his magic could help he didn't want to accidentally miss something.