Chapter- 94 (Between Omniverses)

Karma is confused and angry, with no idea what is going on...and who is this being in his safe place?!

Thanks to Firehedgehog for writing this with me. Check out their part on Ao3 or Wattapad 😸

———

Between Omniverses- The Travellers space

Karma didn't move, even when he could tell he was no longer with Star. His wings had curled around him and he could feel his fingers digging into his palm again. His jaw tensed at feeling his anger rise and he snarled in frustration, throwing the item Star had given him earlier today in disgust.

How dare they! Why did everyone do this to him?!

His anger soon drained from him and he felt tears start to well up in his sockets. Why was he like this...

Sniffling he looked up and knew he was in his room his brother had made for him. He spotted the many pillows and coloured walls but it just wasn't as comforting as he wished. It wasn't what he wanted and he could feel his tears flow faster in misery. Trying to wipe away his tears failed and he soon gave up, instead gathering all the pillows and blankets he could.

Choking back another sob he left the room and tried to spread his senses, cringing as his magic complained at the action. From what little he could sense there was no one else here but that was fine. He could cope. He was lying.

Dragging all the items with him he headed towards his big brother's room and chirped at feeling the familiar magic on their door. Pushing it open he observed how it hadn't changed much from last time but that wasn't why he was here. Placing the items in the centre of the room he took off the covers and blankets from Travellers bed and added them to the pile.

He carefully placed each item down until he had made a comfy looking nest. He made sure to shut the door and took out his stuffed bear, before sitting in the middle of his new nest. It wasn't the same as them being here but the familiarity helped to soothe his aching SOUL and to lower his loneliness.

He lay on his front and buried himself with the items, uncaring for the complaint from his wings. He just wanted to hide and feel safe and ignore the outside world for as long as he could. When all the light was blocked he felt himself finally relax and went limp. Closing his sockets he hugged his bear and drifted to sleep. Hoping things would look better when he woke up.

-

Karma felt something warm near him and tried to move closer to it. He chirped sleepily and felt very pleased at his new position. It was as he was about to fall back asleep that his mind alerted him to something being wrong. Opening his sockets he was alarmed at seeing someone next to him and tried to push himself out of the nest as quickly as he could.

He cursed his stupid SOUL for affecting his magic like this, instead having to physically push all the soft items off him. It didn't help that his glasses had fallen off, so now he was stuck with an unknown blurry figure near him. He snarled at the intruder, flaring his wings in anger. Who was here?! He knew he had been alone when he went to sleep.

While his unexpected bouts of anger were annoying, he had learnt how it could startle others and keep them away from him. He hissed when he saw movement, feeling his feathers sharpen in threat.

"Karma?"

Karma was startled by the voice and slightly lowered his wings. He recognised that voice, he was sure of it. Squinting didn't help clear things up and he huffed in annoyance. He backed himself into a corner and looked to where the voice came from, trying to figure out what to do.