Chapter 5-(Birth Multiverse)

Ink loves his life! So many interesting monsters to know and poke

--

Being the Creator was fun and Ink loved all the new stories he could make. He had no idea how he came to be, just that one day he awoke with a large brush and paint vials. After lots of trial and error he created a flower and he was hooked. Jumping between his created universes was great and watching how the characters acted was hilarious. Meeting the Destroyer added to the game and defending his creations made him feel pleased. While he was never sure why the other did it it never went too far yet, so he wasn't worried for the multiverse.

Having Blue and Dream join him was nice and he loved the feelings they inspired in him. As time went on he realised he felt especially odd around Dream, but could never tell what the feeling was. Going up to the other and telling them caused Dream to go bright yellow in embarrassment. When they had calmed down they said it sounded like Ink was in love.

Love was a strange word and Ink wasn't sure he could fully understand what it meant. He didn't really 'love' his creations or his paints, but he knew he liked things. After more thinking and talking to Blue he decided to see if dating made him understand love more.

He wasn't sure if he ever did but he did enjoy Dream's laugh and the ways they got embarrassed by affection. He enjoyed watching Dream eating ice cream and the way he jumped in glee when seeing a happy ending.

He wasn't sure how but Dream told him he loved him and would like to be mates. Ink saw no issue with this as he still considered the other his closest friend, even if he wasn't sure about love. Having Palette was joyous and he enjoyed teaching the other to create but he still wasn't sure if it was love. He could feel the parent bond and knew he cared but he was wary to put a false label on his emotion.

He did enjoy watching the other grow and how bouncy they were. He was relieved when he found out his child had a SOUL, as he would not wish that fate on anyone. He had been unsure what to do when Palette kept crying when he was younger when Ink got near. He tried to go near other babies and experienced the same thing, which made him understand the issue was with him. He now expected it when children cried near him and had not been looking forward to meeting Reaper's child.

Holding the other he braced for the screaming but nothing happened. Opening his eyelights he was faced with a face of disinterest, as if the other had better things to do then be here. He started peppering the tiny monster with questions on interests and what food they liked. It was so rare to meet someone like this and he was hooked. Being silenced with a hand to his mouth and politely asked to be let down startled him, but he complied.

He wasn't happy when he was ignored in favour of Dream and Palette. The other seemed more interested in their magic than his, which was unfair! He wasn't unobservant to how the multiverse saw him. Being the Creator made others think of him as an unbeatable God who needed no one. This had made his early life without his mate lonely and he hated being put into set expectations.

From then on he tried to get the attention of the tiny god, who saw him as a 'boring old man who wouldn't stop stalking him'. After finishing laughing he had gone back to Dream in confusion how to make the other like him. Suggesting he paint with them was genius and led to getting closer to Goth. He was still treated to looks of disdain if he got too loud or annoying, but he saw he was tolerated at least.

When his paints were not mixing right he usually got down and sluggish. He had been surprised when Goth looked at him then sighed in exasperation, as if they were an old lady dealing with a delinquent. Being pushed down then having the other lie on him and start purring confused him. He had hesitantly stroked the others feathers for something to do. With no negative reaction he did the repetitive action till the paints finally settled down.

The other had somehow noticed then mentioned they were hungry. He hadn't been thinking so did what he did with Palette and started sending magic. He had paused his movements when he realised that Dream said you should ask first, but before he could open his mouth Goth closed it for him and told him to continue.

-

A new routine was set that when Goth saw him he would be tackled to the ground and stared at, as if seeing what state he was in. If no complaints were given he laid down and waited to be fed like a pushy cat. Ink realised he had gotten attached when his magic tried to attach to the other as a parent. He was glad Goth never noticed as he was scared what the other would do if they knew.

Everyone knew Geno was gone and even Ink had no idea what had happened. Watching Goth with Reaper was painful on another level at the almost business-like transactions that occurred. He knew Reaper had easily accepted taking Goth to AU's in hopes of getting closer to their child.

The level of apathy Goth displayed only seemed to grow with these ousting and Ink was worried at seeing less of the child. He sometimes felt the need to check the other still had a SOUL, due to the dead like expression he would observe from the other in passing.

When he had been dragged to an AU while fighting Error he thought nothing of it. When the other mentioned a hostage he was ready to dismiss it as a bluff, as he knew the other hated anything near him. Seeing Goth staring back at him stilled his magic. His grip on his brush increased and he couldn't decide if he felt rage or pure panic.

" What will you do now Creator. This is a precious part of the balance, is he not? Be a shame to crush his SOUL and make you deal with all the work ".

He had no idea what the other was talking about but he understood the crushed SOUL part easily. Before he could react he saw them disappear into the Antivoid, just as he saw Reaper come into the universe. The other's timing was abysmal but he wasted no time in explaining what had happened. He saw the other holding back from punching him and weathered the rage directed at him.

He promised he had a plan to deal with Error and they could grab Goth at the same time. The other had heard the main parts of the plan but Ink knew the other was too vital to the multiverse to take part.

Ink gathered others to the Council and discussed his plan. He saw Dream clench their teeth in anger and was reminded how similar the other was to Nightmare. The plan was simple in theory but coordinating all the parts was time consuming. Ink had already created empty AU's that would lead to the trap. When Error arrived they would ambush him from all sides and attack. He was sure the other couldn't die, but trapping them and demanding answers for their destruction was the main goal.

It took longer then Ink was happy with but months later the trap was set. Palette had joined in and even Dream couldn't dissuade the other from joining. The fight was as violent as he feared as the Destroyer had an immense power and battle experience. Having Nightmare and his gang join in was a pain, as were the traps that appeared out of nowhere.

He spent the majority defending others from Error's attack when he spotted a dark spot in the sky. Squinting closer he felt his eye lights flicker at seeing Goth. Ignoring Errors confusion at the lack of attacks he jumped and grabbed Goth from the sky. He held the other tight, ignoring the cat-like screech the other gave at the sudden grab.

Ink looked them over and was happy to see they looked healthy, but the glowing eyesockets and flared wings did not look promising.

~~~~~~

Ink:I feel like I'm missing something

Goth: *feral cat energy with pure hatred in his eyes*

Ink: He is perfect!