Chapter 25- (SwapVerse Multiverse)

Karma awakens and meets two odd monsters

——-

SwapVerse Multiverse

Karam ached all over. This had to be the worst he had ever felt and it didn't help he was unsure what had happened to him. He was almost convinced this was a new life, if it wasn't for the sensation of his magic. He kept his sockets closed and tried to sense his surroundings. He felt no SOULS nearby but that didn't mean it was safe. It was warm wherever he was, so he hesitantly tried to look around.

When he finally looked he was faced with Inks face very close by. He flinched back but couldn't get far, as arms held him flat on Inks chest. He tried to struggle when an odd sound vibrated through his chest. It sounded like it could be a purr, if he was being generous. He stilled after being able to examine the monster closer.

At first glance it looked like Ink but there were some major differences. Their eyelights weren't shaped and were instead bright pink dots in their sockets. They also didn't seem as expressive as Ink was. The major factor that made him relax was not feeling any SOUL in their body.

He was too drained to think more and let his baser instincts guide him. He hesitantly purred back and pushed his face into the other's chest. His mouth let out chirps and his fingers clung to the others clothes. It made him feel more settled but he was still in pain. His body felt like it had been scrubbed raw but his memories were still unclear on how he got here.

He tried to settle in a comfier position, when he started to move his wings. That turned out to be a big mistake, as a sharp pain overcame him. Puzzled, he turned his skull as far as he could and wondered why his wings were wrapped In bandages.

This did trigger his memory but the information made his face fall. He had known something was wrong after he had eaten the chocolate Ink gave him, he rarely got that tired so quickly. How he got here wasn't as clear but he did remember flashes. The main memory was of a bone coming towards him, then intense pain. He had hoped that was only a dream but it seemed he was not that lucky. What else had been done to him?

He was distracted when magic flowed into him. He automatically took it and enjoyed finally eating the way he preferred. This was done very efficiently, making him wary of how long the other had done this for him. He looked deep into his magic and paled at seeing a magica bond ,connecting him to this stranger. Even the other bonds were gone and looked just as damaged as Reapers did.

He let out a sob at all these new changes occurring so quickly. Why was he acting so emotional? He had experienced worse in his years but perhaps there were repercussions for fractured bonds. He hoped that was it, as he prided himself on his emotional control.

His position changed and he felt the other stand up, while he was held. He refused to look around, so kept his head tucked away. He would hide from his new reality for as long as he was allowed till he had no other choice. He felt magic flow over him and stiffened at the temperature change and noises that surrounded him. His attention was caught when he heard some static. A voice soon spoke and he moved his skull to see what it was.

They looked like Error and he further relaxed. It was ironic that the Destroyer was one of the few who hadn't hurt him, at least nowhere near some of the Creators he had met. This one had some slight differences though. They seemed to dress eerily like Ink and had odd blue marks at the bottom of his sockets. He saw none of the typical blue tear like marks as other Destroyers and wondered who this was.

" Hey babybones. What's your name? I'm called Template ".

"Karma...".

He wasn't sure why they lit up when he answered but soon after, they took out some chocolate. He glared at it in suspicion, especially when the other was clearly offering it to him.

He tried to puff his wings in displeasure but let out a hiss, at aggravating his injuries. The monster holding him started to gently rock him and hummed a strange tune. Template watched them then bit into the chocolate, with the wrapper on. Unsure what was happening, he watched as the treat was offered again.

He used his magic to sense the others SOUL and detected nothing odd occurring. He reached an arm towards him and snatched the treat, as soon as they got near enough.

It took him more concentration than he liked, to take off the wrapper. When he had revealed his prize he happily munched into the safe treat. It seems he had used too much energy already, as after eating the bar he slumped onto the monster's chest and instantly fell asleep.

When he next opened his sockets he was again laying down on this monster.

"Morning Karma. I am called Pale, I will try to look after you, as you are mine. I will most likely struggle, as this is very new to me".

The bland tone reminded him when he had seen Ink on white paints but the words were comforting for once. While a tad possessive it did fit nicely in the theme of this life. Maybe monsters were more in tune with their baser instincts? Perhaps they had clear cut distinctions between things that were theirs and things that were not?

The honesty was also rather refreshing but he was unsure what to think of it. He never knew why many adults promised to never fail him or to ever treat him wrong. They all inevitably did in the end, no one was perfect. He would still test this 'Pale' to see how far he could push.

"Can the bandages on my wings come off?".

He thought he would be persuaded against it, when he was placed on the ground, when suddenly Pale gently took them off. He was impressed his request was granted and with little issue. When his wings were visible it wasn't as bad as he expected. He could see where the bones had entered his wings but the wound seemed to be healing nicely......How long was he asleep for?

Anxiety rose and he went to tug some feathers, when Pale grabbed his hands. He warily watched the other but was confused when they took off the scarf, still around his neck. He watched as the other started ripping the ends into small strips, then started adding some beads to a few of the strands. The scarf was then placed back on his neck. Why did they do that?

They must have seen his puzzlement, as his hands were placed on the ends and he cooed at the new texture. His eye light focused on a practically long strand and he ripped it off. He got the same satisfaction as he did with his wings, with the bonus of it not hurting.

He enjoyed the feel of the various shapes of the beads in his hands and the bright colours fascinated him. He spread his wings in glee at the new sensation and a purr rose up, when Pale gently stroked his skull. Maybe Pale wasn't so bad to stay with.

~~~~~~~~~

Karma: *meets powerful and insane monsters who are possessive*

Karma: This must be just how monsters naturally are with others