Chapter 157 - ($% Multiverse)

Nigtmare grows worried due to Dreams latest behaviour and does something he hopes he wont regret

——-

$% Multiverse

Nightmare just knew things had been going far too well, tension in his entire body as he watched his brother go down the far too familiar role of obsession. So far three staff members had gone 'mysteriously' missing, unsure who his twin was trying to fool when he could sense peoples emotions blink out at random times of the day.

They had also rarely left the house and he could see where this was going, feeling more wards being put up around the house and just knowing this would end badly. He knew he could have left and probably should have already but he didn't have the heart to leave the kid here and felt Dream might legitimately murder him if he even tried to take them.

He wasnt sure what had caused this sudden switch but he didnt like it one bit, feeling his brother was a breath away from going on another 'cleansing spree' like in the last.

He looked up when the babybones ran in the room giggling loudly, giving him a shushing gesture as they hid behind the curtain, trying to keep a straight face when he could still clearly see their wings peeking out.

His good mood dropped when Dream entered, their aura much sharper then usual even if they had a playful look on their face.

"Where are you, little bird? Wherever could you be?~"

Both Guardians struggled to not laugh when giggling came from behind the curtains, the hiding place truly terrible and unsure how the kid kept thinking they were 'an excellent hider'. Even without that their emotions were so bright, giving them no chance to hide from either twin or escape Dreams clutches.

"Have you seen the little one, Nightmare? It seems I've lost them. They are ever so sneaky~"

He did end up snorting when the babybones jumped out the curtains to everyone's 'shock', looking ever so pleased at winning the game.

KaRma chirped when he saw Dreams' surprised expression, having great fun with them lately. He purred when he felt their magic surround him still not quite right, yawning as he began to feel sleepy again. He gave a sleepy hiss when he was picked up but was soon out like a light as he cuddled into the fluff on their coat.

"You need to stop doing that. That cant be healthy for children"

Nightmare said dryly, watching as Dream cradled the dead asleep child who was already lightly snoring. His brother had tried to use similar tricks on him but he had gotten around it after the tenth time he had a 'surprise nap' and woke up in Dreams home.

"Im not the cause~"

"Uhuh. I felt your magic, Dream. I'm not an idiot"

"I dont think you understand. Im not capable of putting them to sleep at any moment~"

He was about to throw back a scathing comment at such a blank lie but it got stuck in his throat when he was Dreams expression as they looked at the child in their arms with a troubled look.

"I can gently coax them to sleep if they need rest but if i try anything more i am...let's say dissuaded from such an action~"

Dream didnt know how to put into words the way the child's magic almost 'scolded' him, feeling he was getting off lightly each time he tried to push a bit harder. He finally got the message when he lost a few feathers in the last attempt and stopped trying again the way the child looked at him in sheer disappointment and confusion hurt way worse than he expected.