Chapter 49 -(Human DreamSwap Multiverse)

Dream was happy with his path but the new addition to their life will shake things up

——-

Human DreamSwap

He was never told what his original name was but Dream thought his current name fit him rather well. While he hadn't been pleased, at being forced into a role to guard the magical tree, there was nothing he could do about it so learnt to endure. He grew up surrounded by priests and visitors to the temple and at the time, his best friend Nightmare.

Time passed and they grew into young adults, living the same routine day by day. Nightmare was the one who first pointed out the lack of ageing, since coming of age, despite how old they were. It could easily be seen as they watched many who were present when they were younger now have white hair, while they stayed frozen in time.

Dream had also noticed this fact but had hoped he was being overly paranoid. Thinking it over, Dream guessed it made sense to have immortal guardians for the magical tree, but it made it much harder to connect to people after that revelation. Years passed and as he stood near the tree, the magical apples gave him an idea. He at first found both types the tree bore as beautiful but as time went out only the Golden apples caught his attention.

He had been told that his role was Guardian of Positivity but he didn't think he was doing enough, with being bound to the tree. Many visited the temple, wishing for blessings from illness or just to receive some brightness in their life and he knew many more were unable to reach him.

That is when the plan solidified and he grew determined. The magic he could sense from the apples on the tree was staggering, making him wonder how much power he would gain from eating them. He did help people in his current role but he knew he could help even more.

When he ate the apples he shrieked in agony at the power flowing through him and before he knew it there was a weird weight on his back. Looking behind him he saw beautiful golden wings attached to him and he felt it was a sign he was doing the right thing. He corralled all the priests in the temple and told them of his plan to rid negativity of the multiverse. This way peace could forever be found and no one would have to suffer.

He was thrilled at how the people stood with him but it seems Nightmare only wanted the worst for the multiverse. He personally blamed the Negativity role for the others' decision, convinced it was tainiting their mind. Dream was disappointed, yet unsurprised, when his counterpart ran away, after stealing the last two apples.

From then on he grew even more wary of getting close to people, after the betrayal but one person managed to chip through his defences. He would even dare to say he fell in love till but even that bit of happiness was cruelly ripped away from him. Dream from then on made sure to keep a distance from others, in fear of what losing more people would do to him.

It took over a century for him to be able to build the support he needed, for his main goal to be achieved. He named his group the Justice Reign and felt it brought hope to all those ailing AU's. It was hard work but he was content at how he felt negativity slowly be squashed out. He gained a useful ally in Ink, who he found in a desolate AU, and also Blue.

Dream helped Ink become a strong member of his organisation but Blue was a more casual informant. He saw no issues with this, as he sensed the truth when Blue admitted to wanting to make the multiverse a better place, so no one would suffer like he did.

This routine of searching out negativity and eradicating was a long journey and he felt close to capturing his co-guardian soon. That is when he sensed a negativity source that was almost on par with Nightmare, not too far from his location. It was unlikely the other guardian had revealed himself out in the open as he doubted they would do something so foolish. He instead sent his soldiers out to look, not expecting it to be an issue for long.