Chapter 158 - (AntiVoid)

Karma ends up back in the AntiVoid and finds some very interesting things (that he soon claims as his own)

———

AntiVoid

Error stared down at the sleeping babybones in his arms, carefully pushing their hood back to not disturb them and frowning when he recognised their type. A Goth type was not supposed to exist in a SwapDream multiverse, those types of places usually self-sustaining or ending up broken after the Dream lost their mind.

Last he recalled Reapers didnt exist there, wondering if this was some unusual hybrid or an anomaly. He had been on the fence on taking the Killers' request, in the end having flipped a coin to decide on what to do, having grown so bored over the centuries that he tended to explore any place he could.

He was glad he accepted the deal now, having a nice chunk of gold and some favours from the Nightmare of that place. He had no clue what he was going to use them for yet but he refused to do anything for free, not wanting his reputation to be affected.

He wasnt generous or willing to do any random job and didnt want others to believe he would take any job as long as there was a sob story involved. He planned to destroy a few multiverses after he was done here though, just to make sure no one got the wrong idea of him willing to deal with children. He shivered at the idea of all those gross sticky fingers trying to touch him, or worse, the crying as soon as they saw his face.

There was a reason he avoided them and was already regretting having accepted this request and would have likely rejected it if the kid had been awake at the time. At least like this he had the blanket to prevent direct contact, sighing at the mess he was in.

This felt more like something Ink would do then him, wondering if his IQ had dropped from just being around the art idiot.

...although he was intrigued why the Nightmare wanted the babybones gone, it was rather unusual for this type of solution to be used when there were far simpler options, dusting being one of his favourites by far and it was so much quicker after all.

He held the child with one arm and used the other to scan through the Code of the place he just came from to look for answers, snickering when he realised that the Dream was slowly losing their mind and about to snap, tempted to watch the aftermath when he had some free time he ignored the traces of a Deities touch, as it was always best to not get involved with them.

"..Nightmare?..where is everyone? Who are you?"

His pixels increased when something poked his face, looking down in shock at the suddenly awake child who was looking at him in pure confusion. He frowned, thinking he would have more time to decide what to do with them but of course his luck failed him.

He ignored the question entirely, using the blanket to cover the Goth more to prevent them from touching him again, when he suddenly realised he was in the AntiVoid with a child.

He was impressed they weren't dead yet, even though a part of him was deeply annoyed by that fact, as that still left him to figure out what to do next. The 'deal' had been rather vague but he had technically completed it to the letter. Killer only asked to 'take a chosen monster away from that multiverse' but no specifics on what happened to them after were mentioned in the deal.

He slowly put them down when they began wriggling, watching in amusement as they battled their way out of the blanket and took pity and used a string of his magic to pull it off them. He snorted when he realised they were holding a massive cat plushy in their arms, the kid much smaller then he first thought.