Chapter 42- (SevenSins Multiverse)

Karma is unimpressed by Inks 'friends'. Error is loving the show and wants to make it worse

—-

SevenSins Multiverse

Things didn't really seem different after the tense talk. To Karma it did explain why this world felt so strange to his senses, but it didn't alter his whole belief system. It would explain why he felt no true calling in this world and he was now unsure what he would even do here.

While a bit wary of Inks last comment to him, nothing strange had occured since then. He still stayed with Ink but now Dream and Blue started to come over more often. He didn't have any issue with these variants but they seemed insistent on talking to him alone, too often for his liking. He did his best to avoid this and was pleased he had done so so far.

His luck sadly had to change, as one day he had been walking upstairs to grab a pillow when Blue and Dream appeared out of nowhere. He jumped back in startelement, warily eyeing them. He was about to call for Ink when Blue started talking.

"NO! PLEASE DON'T PANIC, WE AREN'T GOING TO HURT YOU. WILL YOU LISTEN TO WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY?"

He stood in silence while fiddling with his beads. He supposed it wouldn't hurt to listen and maybe this would stop them trying to corner him so much. He simply nodded in agreement and was a tad nervous about what they were going to say.

"Has Ink done anything bad to you? I can sense emotions and I can feel the deep sadness in you. Do you need help?"

....these were Inks friends? He had seen they had been a bit jumpy when Ink was near but he didn't think they disliked the other so much. He was a bit sad at having found another Dream variant that disappointed him so quickly and just when he thought he met a nice one. It seems his silence was taken as agreement as he saw Blue walk closer to him. He took a large step back in response, pleased when the other stopped moving.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEAR ME. I AM THE VIRTUE OF KINDNESS. I WOULD NOT HURT YOU"

He tried to hide his smile but it seems Dream was looking closely at him.

"Ink is dangerous, Karma. You need to be careful"

"Aren't you as well?"

"Wha-"

"You are a Power as well. You could just as easily hurt me"

He watched as his words were digested and sensed Dreams' aura start to shift. He was fascinated as their yellow eyelights flashed and their wings started turning a deeper colour. Even their SOUL shifted in brightness, making him surprised that was even possible.

It seems he learnt new things everyday in this weird world. Looking at their face he couldn't help the way his body relaxed or his wings lowered, at the look on their face. They reminded him of Oneiro too much to make him be fully on guard.

-

Ink had been wondering what was taking Karma so long when he spotted his two friends. He quickly hid around the corner and enjoyed the show that was being put on for him. He wasn't surprised by either of the two actions, as he knew they had more strict moral codes then he ever had.

They still thought as mortals did, even when they had lived for so long. He had hoped they would grow out of it but perhaps stricter measures needed to be taken. Leaving his hiding place around the corner, his smile grew at how flabbergasted Dream looked at Karma's smile at his 'darker' form. It was funny how long it took Dream to notice when he physically changed but the other always treated it as a defect.

Dream had gotten better over the years at dealing with it, as his brother had not appreciated his main Sin being treated as a disease that should be hidden. Ink was always fascinated watching the twins switch roles and he concluded it must be how closely linked their SOULS were. He couldn't conclude this without potentially killing either of them, so he was happy to leave it alone. That said if Dream kept trying to poison the new Power away from him he might make Nightmare an only child.