Chapter 18- (SwapDream Multiverse)

Swap Nightmare is tired and would like a break please

——-

SwapDream Multiverse

Life had been a rollercoaster ever since he had been little. He had enjoyed spending time alone with his brother, in the company of their mother The Tree of Feelings. It had been lonely but it was all they had known. It went down hill when the villagers came. The newcomers had promised to stay for a while before leaving, but instead they had settled down and never left.

Once they had confirmed what Guardian they both were, that is when the issues arose. He was looked at in disgust and treated as a mangy dog that needed to be put down. The injuries he received never fully healed, before the next batch were inflicted upon him. His elder brother tried to help but they treated Dream as naive. As if the other was being tricked by the 'demon'. He felt himself lose hope of things ever changing but it seems Dream had had enough.

That day haunted him, when he saw his brother eating the apples as if in a frenzy. He managed to eat one for himself but the effects on Dream were devastating. As soon as the last apple was gone, Dream screamed and collapsed. He heard their bones snap as wings burst through their back. Their magic changed and became denser. When they looked at him he no longer saw the caring older brother but a being that had lost most of their mind.

The crazed laughing made his SOUL drop as did watching all the villagers be slaughtered. That was the start of his new life, trying to stop his brother's continued rampages. Discovering there had been another universe was less important than trying to save others from Dream.

He was glad his brother still cared for him on some level, as he knew he was not as strong as his sibling. He had escaped many battles alive thanks to the 'love' his opposite had for him, which he was grateful for. He had also somehow gathered monsters to his side, to help him make a balance in the many AU's. Life had settled into a routine but he should have remembered his brother liked to make life more 'fun'.

He thought it was a regular battle, with Dream trying to play with the inhabitants. The positivity was stifling but he saw Dream was clearly distracted. They kept looking at a small portal they made. When he saw their smirk widen and jump away from him, his trepidation increased.

He saw his brother open their arms and catch someone falling through a portal. This didn't look like the others 'beloved' but who knew what Dream could have done. He felt pity for the monster who his brother was obsessed with, but it did give him free time from his brother. Sacrifices had to be made in this multiverse and he wasn't totally selfless.

When a small face looked at him he knew it was much worse than he thought. He had no idea who this was, but the wings showed a possible reason they were taken.

"Isn't he cute? I just had to have him~".

His brother was insane! He wasn't sure if Dream ignored his words on purpose or if the others' minds could not understand what was wrong with this picture.

"You can't just steal monsters, Dream! Is that a babybones?! Oh god...what did you do?".

This looked like a major mess to clean up. How was he going to sort this out? What happened to the others parents?!.....why did the other have such deep negativity?

"DREAM! Don't you run away from me. Who did you kill now?!".

....he was of course, completely ignored. He watched in a daze as Dream flew away with his latest 'prize'. He sighed in exhaustion and grabbed one of his special cigarettes, to release some negativity building up. He would have to tell his gang about the latest problem.