Chapter 16- (SwapDream Multiverse)

SwapDream is enjoying spending time with his little raven

——

Oneiro hadn't expected to be drawn back to the baby bird but somehow he couldn't keep away. He still followed his future lover, who chased him away often but he popped up to the Creator home as well. He moved a few items in the house and watched in amusement as this frazzled the artist. He left feathers in Karma's room but was surprised that it wasn't brought to Ink's attention. What game was this little one playing?

He decided to confront them directly and waited for the moment they would be alone. When the moment came he watched them lie face first on the bed, seeming to want to meld with it.

"Why so down, little raven?~".

The glare was expected but it seemed they were thinking of what to say. Glancing around he played with the contents strewn around. He concealed a frown at the generic items. He saw no toys and even the room was hardly decorated. You wouldn't have been able to tell a child even lived here. He had rummaged around the house before but the facts were adding up to an unpleasant image.

He had even found a pile of feathers under the bed and noticed they were not from grooming. The majority were in perfect condition and some looked like they had been crushed by a hand.

"You somehow annoyed my guardian and now they are paranoid".

Paranoid? He thought Ink was reacting appropriately, as any decent caregiver should. He had threatened them after all and he had been playing with them all week. Did the other not notice? He saw no mocking in their tone and their emotions showed they were truthful.

Smirking, he walked closer and sat on the bed. He reached a hand for their wings, as he could see the damage that had been done. He paused at the look on Karma's face. They had such sharp little fangs!

"Your wings are a mess. Don't you want to feel better?~".

He wasn't sure when the other had last groomed their wings but they looked dirty. Not to mention he could see patches where the feathers were ripped out. His magic would be useful to heal it but he would rather not provoke the little one.

"Can i....".

What did they want? Looking at where their fingers reached he saw they meant his wings. He froze in disbelief. This was unknown territory. He didn't let anyone touch his wings and not just out of vanity. They were more sensitive than other feathered monsters, as they were infused with the Golden apples he had eaten. Touching them meant emotions would be amplified to him and he disliked having to put effort to block it. Early on some had even tried to hurt him with the excuse of trying to help. Looking at the babybones he sensed no ill will, but he hesitated.

He saw the moment their face fell and they started to pull back. The disappointment hit him hard and before he knew it he pushed his wing to the others hand. Before he could regret his actions he heard a chirp. The babybones looked entranced by his wing, so he could observe the other all he liked. The happiness he was hit with was powerful. Why would a simple grooming affect the other so much?

He had to learn the hard way what all the new instincts, that came with suddenly gaining wings, meant. The shiny things he had collected was fun but grooming had been hard. It was a bonding ritual and was usually vital for a winged being's mental health. His power made sure he never was affected by the lack of other to help him but it seemed that was not the case with Karma.

They were incredibly gentle and he felt the care and awe, as they touched his feathers. The way their eyelight turned into a star made him coo, but it seemed they did not hear. That thought was confirmed when he was climbed over, so they could reach his other wing. It seemed they were content to ignore him. The childish glee that soaked into him made his SOUL melt. The purr he heard caused a soft smile to appear and he couldn't resist grabbing them closer.