Chapter 137- (WingVerse)

Eclipse learns more about himself but the latest multiverse affects him hard

—-

?? Multiverse

Nightmare felt like he was finally getting the hang of things.

Sure it might have taken a few years but the important thing was that he had managed to succeed in the end, critically eyeing his destroyed surroundings, feeling very pleased at the control he gained.

He had also settled on a new name, finally realising what that odd Errors cryptic words had meant. He had now observed many Guardian pairs, his disgust and displeasure growing as he witnessed the same thing be repeated like clockwork.

Were all Guardians doomed to repeat the cycle..?

To never find true happiness..?

He met so many Dreams as well, it bittersweet to see how his twin were they ever twins to begin with? could have turned out but even then he was uneasy to see these variants. None looked particularly happy in their lives, always seeming to have a drive to 'save' their counterparts or eradicate them from the world.

The less said about his variants the better, having witnessed far too many insane types, even having to deal with a few when they mistook him as weak, due to shielding his magic most of the time.

He was actually losing hope of ever finding any happy Guardians, feeling slight resentment growing for Creators types for even making these types of AU.

He was growing so mentally exhausted by this, aimlessly wandering multiverses with no true destination in mind and unsure what to expect in the future.

WingVerse

Nightmare or rather Eclipse as he was starting to prefer the name a constant reminder of his past and penance of what he did by blocking out the 'sun' , made a face when he felt the multiverse trying to alter him.

He had only stepped in a few places like this still shivering in fear at that Temmie Multiverse where everyone was a Temmie , but he usually avoided them like the plague.

He batted away the changes that were trying to occur, realising it would have simply added wings to him but the thought of having any features like his past twin was very disquieting. He was still struggling with some of his new features, the sun shape in his left socket a cruel reminder for what he went through.

It was something he still couldn't hide, hating and loving it in equal measure.

Sighing and shaking those dark thoughts away, he began the process of exploring this new place and in the end deciding to stay a bit longer, despite his initial trepidation. It also felt like a strange feeling was encouraging him to stay, which he had no urge to examine closer, having grown rather apathetic over the past few years.

He lazily made his way through the core AU's in order to analyse what kind of place he ended up in, relieved at what he found. He was pleased that it wasn't a 'Forced God' multiverse, those places always creeping him out and causing him to leave as soon as possible.

He had no wish to meet a Deity, the end results of their 'personal attention' not something he desired at all. Even the so-called 'nice' ones sounded terrifying to him.

He spent a few days just watching the residents of this new place, doing his best to hide his presence as he had no desire to interact with them. It might sound callous but after meeting one Sans, he felt like he had met them all, coldly observing a whole RESET before leaving for his final destination.