Chapter 68 - (Fatal_Erro̸̠̔̑r̴͚̟̈́̋ Multiverse)

Reaper has a bad time and Goth is confused of what to think of this Reaper variant.

———-

Fatal_Erro̸̠̔̑r̴͚̟̈́̋ Multiverse

Reaper felt he must be being punished in some way, as that was the only explanation for the situation he was in. Losing his child Goth, had been one of the hardest things that had ever occurred in his life. It was worse that he had been the one that had collected their SOUL in the end, so they could reach peace, even if it could no longer be with him.

He had been thankful that he still had his mate Geno, but that was until the Destroyer went to end them. It was horrifying seeing his mate change into a new being, who no longer cared for him or the things they had been through.

He never thought it could get worse but watching Fatal play with this tiny Goth, was breaking his SOUL. It was almost SOUL destroying when he could still see the mannerisms of Geno, when Fatal would interact with Goth, making him almost forget that everything had changed.

The babybones also had a habit of taking out an odd stuffed bear, which made him coo at the cuteness but also caused his instincts to scream at the magic that came off it. He made sure to never watch them directly, as whenever they noticed eyes on them, they hid the toy quickly. They seemed rather possessive over it but he feared bringing it up and causing them to shut down on him.

He was glad they were still able to act childish, even in a place like this.

Of course the way he was clearly segregated from the two, shattered the idyllic family image he had in his mind. The dust he could still spot on the 'ground' of this place was unnerving and was most likely from the poor monsters who had been used to try and recreate Fatal's brother.

It was saddening the way Fatal would glare at him, if he moved from his designated area. It was even worse that the little Goth would shiver in fear, if he tried to get close. The other may not be his child but he grew to care for the lively babybones and their reactions truly hurt him.

Their presence alone had calmed Fatal enough, that they were no longer obsessed with tracking down the Creator but instead spending more time with Goth.

...He was growing a tad worried for the kid though.

It had been weeks in this dark space when he noticed how Goth sometimes zoned out, before continuing what they were doing. He feared what would happen if they became sick, especially in Fatal's presence. He knew the multiverse wouldn't survive the blended beings' volatile emotions.

Reaper had been slowly coaxing Goth to relax around him and he finally found a topic that made them open up.

"You know, i think your wings are very pretty"

"..really?"

Reaper smiled at getting a response and felt bitter sweet at the childish voice, that was identical to his first child. He shifted slightly closer, stopping when he saw them tense up again.

"Of course. Much nicer than my wings by far"

-

Karma had of course been wary, when this new Reaper had ended up in his new space, but slowly started to grow used to them. They were much calmer than others he had met before and didn't seem shy, in trying to know more about him. He wasn't used to genuine interest from Death gods but was willing to try and interact with this one.

While Fatal was the one he stayed with the most they sometimes left, leaving him alone with Reaper. This would have worried him more if he hadn't seen that the red magic around others' necks prevented them from forming magic. It was a nice security feature that helped to calm his nerves a lot.