Chapter 125- (DreamSwap Multiverse)

Dream discovers many new things about the babybones and he is not happy. Karma is going out much more but his memories are really starting to confuse him.

——-

DreamSwap Multiverse

Dream was patiently waiting in his office for Blue, Karma sitting at the coffee table and occupied with drawing. The past few weeks had seemed to speed by and he was still no closer to finding their caretakers or whoever was responsible for their placement in that AU. Even the toy they had come with, which had been soaked in unknown magic was useless to them, with Blue struggling to find any matching monster.

Dream personally thought that the monster was likely dead but felt no need to advertise that fact, considering how attached the babybones was to the toy. No need to produce more negativity from something, they couldn't even confirm yet.

He pretended not to notice when the guard by the door handed Karma a small sweet, hiding a smile when he felt their joy increase. He would make sure to discipline the staff later, as they could not be seen as weak even if he could be just as bad with the child .

He looked at the time again, annoyed at just how late Blue was. While he knew they were reliable, he still found their personality rather annoying to deal with but sadly their skill set was far too useful to ignore.

He twitched as he saw Blue just barge in the room, giving up on discipline them, as they always ended up ignoring it. If it wasn't for how truthful they felt, when talking about creating a better world, he would have been done with them years ago.

Although he was still bitter they had unintentionally gotten in the way of him finally ending Nightmare, even if he didn't regret finding Karma in the end. He comforted himself knowing it would only be time until he finished the job, as his counterpart was much weaker than him.

Filthy thief stealing the last apples, just to spread more negativity around. He would end them just like the rest he had dealt with.

He twitched at the odd mixture of emotions that suddenly came off of Blue but when he looked over, they were only complimenting the babybones over their drawing. They were probably playing another 'game' on the staff, that they were trying to hide from him. He mentally sighed, feeling that his workload was only going to increase in the coming days.

Shaking off those unhelpful thoughts he straightened up, signalling the guards to leave the room. Once it was just the three of them he glared at Blue, seeing them fiddle with one of the many gifts he had received.

"What? I'm just looking"

It was never 'just' anything with them but before he could argue further, he called Karma to come over, still surprised at the trust they showed him. Even strangers' children would show some reservations to him, despite knowing who he was but he sensed nothing of the sort in Karma. It was unnatural .

Something was wrong and he hoped Blue could help him with finding out what exactly.

Karma put away his drawing and made his way over to daddy, feeling confused when they crouched in front of him, reaching for his scarf. He placed a hand on theirs, stopping them from pulling it off, looking over at Blue nervously.

"Why are you taking it off daddy? You said not to take remove my scarf in front of others anymore"

That had been a very new rule but he didnt see an issue with following it. Something about making sure his 'neck wasn't vulnerable'? Daddy could be so confusing sometimes.

"Oh, did i? That's ok, little apple. I'm allowing you to take it off now"

He giggled at his daddy forgetting and let go of their hand, stiffening as Blue got closer. He had no idea what they were looking at and he really didn't like it when Blues hand touched his neck, feeling the odd itchy feeling start again.