Chapter 34- (Raven Multiverse)

Dream meets the new visitor and decides on a plan

———-

Raven Multiverse

It had been a few days since Dream had received the call from Geno for some help but he had been rather busy. He wasn't sure what Ink had exactly done to Candytale but it took a lot of words to soothe all the irritation the Creator had caused. His annoyance grew at seeing how unrepentant Ink was and they were even laughing about it. He saw the other was about to leave his side and made sure to grab him by his scarf.

"We have plans today, Ink. I told you this morning".

He saw the others eye shapes flash rapidly and sighed in relief when he finally saw some recognition. He did enjoy Inks company, just sometimes it felt like he had to babysit them constantly. He was bringing Ink along today as Geno had commented, they had been the only adult that hadn't been ignored by their guest. He wanted this to go as smoothly as possible, so hoped having Ink there would help.

The lack of eating he had been informed about was also a rising concern. He didn't like to influence others emotions too much, but if calming down anxiety would aid in better health he would do it.

They arrived in Reapertale with Dream making sure to keep his grip on the bouncing artist. He knocked on the door and was faced with Genos' exhausted expression. He could feel the stress and worry coming off them and used his magic to slightly soothe them.

Before he could greet them Ink got out of his hold and pushed past Geno. He placed his hands on his face in exasperation and when he looked up he noticed Ink on the floor with the babybones, who was drawing.

Ink had felt the disapproving looks being directed at him but he just didn't care. As soon as he saw art supplies he was entranced. He had started looking at all the coloured pencils, then looked over to see what the kid was drawing.

"Oooo, that is nice. Try using this one, to get a better contrast".

The child merely looked at him, then took the offered colour to use. Ink made several other suggestions and surprisingly none were shot down, so he counted it as a success! Ink thoughtlessly placed his hand over the small hand, to show how to make the image shaper and was merely greeted with a chirp in response.

Dream was shocked about how well this was going. He observed that as the interaction continued, the uncertainty in the child decreased. He did have to ask Reaper and Geno to stop hovering as each time they moved in any way, he sensed the child's emotions grow darker.

Ink finally realised they had come here for more than drawing, so was about to get up and stand by Dream. He was stopped by a slight tug on his slave and he glanced down at the babybones.

"Stay?".

The grip wasn't tight and yet soon after the other was already starting to let go, as if they knew their plea was pointless. He stopped his movement and sat closer to the child, observing how their wings twitched at the movement.

Dream sat down with the pair and observed the peaceful dynamic. He let this continue for ten minutes, until he felt it was time to interject.

"Hey, my name is Dream. Do you like staying here?".

"It's fine, I've had worse".

The response was distracted and he wasn't looked at directly, but he was answered at least.

"What about the food? Edible at least?"

"Ink!"

He was distracted from his lecture, when he noticed the negativity increase in the room. He tried upping his aura but strangely that had no effect. He rarely met monsters that were immune to his and Nightmares magic. His smile threatened to fall at the possible reasons a child could do this. Instead he watched as Ink furthered the questions in his stead.