Finn Balor for WWEAmbroseChick

Ever since my dad left me, my world has been turned upside down. I was going down a horrible road, my life in a downward spiral. All the wrong places I was going to, the dark was overtaking me. After so many months of loneliness, I started contemplating life, I started to think about why I was here. If I was really of any importance. My life was a blur. I didn't even want to wrestle. I just wanted to give up.

I had one true friend who turned my life around. One person who proved he cared, and showed me that he wanted me to stay. He showed me that life was worth living, and that I could do things without my dad. I was my own person, and I could be independent at last.

"Hey Jenna, how you feeling today?" I was sipping on my coffee in catering, when Finn came up alongside me, sitting at the seat opposite the table.

"Everyday I'm feeling better and better." I said with a smile. A smile was a rare thing for me to do, so every smile I gave, Finn took it as another piece on my way to happiness.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that." I felt his cold hand rest on top of my warm one. Finn squeezed my hand with a genuine smile. I took another sip of my drink, placing it down on the table.

"I'm just happy right now." I was finally in a moment where I felt love and support.

"I'm happy too. I'm happy to finally see a smile on your face. To see you accept that people want you here, and that your dad would be proud of you." I stopped what I was doing when he mentioned my dad. I still struggled to deal with his death, and I hated hearing people mention his name.

"I hope I've made dad proud." I looked into Finn's eyes for a response.

"Your dad has always been proud of you with everything you've done and will do." He clarified. I was still looking into his eyes, as he squeezed my hand again which he hasn't let go of.

"Thanks Finn, for always being there for me." He kissed my hand, raising up to his lips.

"Do you think your dad would be happy with me?" He asked out of the blue. I looked at him slightly puzzled as to why he was saying that.

"Of course he would. You're the man that has turned my life around, and guided me to the light when I was in such a dark time. He'd be so grateful to you, and I don't think he'd ever hate you after all you've done for me." My words were the truth, and knowing my dad, that is exactly how he would feel. My dad liked anyone who cared for me.

"Good." I was still unsure as to why he asked me about my dad, when he knew that it was a touchy subject to me.

"Whyd you ask?" I pushed. If he wasn't going to tell me why he asked, I knew I had to ask.

"It's stupid really." I didn't like how he was trying to avoid the subject, and kept saying pathetic comments not to tell me.

"I'll be the one who says if it is stupid or not. Why won't you just tell me?" I gave him a soppy look, trying to persuade him into telling me.

"Fine. It's just, I wanted to ask you on a date, but I wanted to know if you think your dad would approve of me going on a date with you." I couldn't believe that was what he was trying to tell me.

"I don't think that's stupid at all." I whispered, moving my chair closer towards Finn. Finn grinned from ear to ear.

"So if I asked you on a date, right now you would say?" He turned around so he was looking right at me, out bodies opposite to each other.

"I would say yes." I gave a little cheeky smile towards Finn, just to prove to him how willing I would be to go on a date with him. I had always enjoyed Finn's company, and I couldn't lie, he wasn't bad looking. He had the perfect personality, and he'd already proven to me how much he cared.

"So, Jenna, will you go out on a date with me?" I put my hand to my chin, pretending to have to think of an answer to his question. Obviously, I didn't have to think of an answer, considering I already confirmed to him my answer moments ago.

"Yes I would love to go on a date with you Finn." He leaned forward pecking my cheek, rushing back into his seat, to make sure no one saw us. Everyone knew us as friends, and we wanted to see how our date went before we told anyone about the prospect of love between the two of us.

All I know, is that would my dad would be proud of me. I was no longer on that downward spiral, and I was never going to be going down that horrible road again. Although things may never be the same without him, I was finally learning to move on, and realise that my life was still going. Hopefully, a life with Finn.