The Undertaker for blackviperstrike

WARNING:

ONE SHOT WITH MENTIONS OF SELF HARM AND DEPRESSION. IF THIS IS A SUBJECT THAT IS TRIGGERING PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS ONE SHOT. IF ANY OF YOU ARE SUFFERING OR EXPERIENCING THESE SUBJECTS PLEASE KNOW MY INBOX IS ALWAYS OPEN!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat down in the corner of the same four walls, words spiralling around me as I succumbed to the intense feeling of temptation inside of me. The cracks began to show as I wallowed in my own pity, negativity swarming me, as my mind raced through all the sad times. I looked on to my phone background to see the photo me and Mark took on our anniversary just a week ago. The fake smile on my face making me cringe, as Mark looked down on me. The horrible situations I thought I had put him through, the sour moods, and foul rages, all because my inner demons would climax when I least wanted them to.

I looked around the bedroom to see the broken mirror crushed in the opposite corner. Whilst Mark had been away last week I had thrown a vase across the room, shattering the mirror into tiny pieces, my lack of energy refusing to clean the mess up. I couldn't stop my hand as it reached out, my body lifting me up and taking me over to the shiniest piece of the bunch, picking it up and twirling it around in my fingers. I contemplated so many different things, pricking my finger with the edge of the glass, sitting the glass onto my wrist.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, it was Mark to let me know he was on his way home. Dread filled me as I couldn't take it no more, taking the sharp mirror edge and sliding it down my wrist. A faint red mark striped across my wrist as a small smile made its way onto my face. I glided it across my wrist again, a happy feeling replacing the sadness I previously felt. I took the edge and went across my wrist numerous times, when eventually the blood surfaced on my wrist. I dug in a little bit deeper as the blood began to drip down the glass mirror and onto my lap, creating a red patch on my jeans. The blood caused a rush through my body as I carried on and on, oblivious to anything else that was happening in the world.

I was muted from everything that was going on as I went deeper and deeper. Noises were swirling around me, a loud bang making me jump. I shrugged it off, reverting back to the mirror. "Megan?" I looked up and saw Mark run towards me, grabbing the glass and throwing it across the room. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Give it back! I need it!" I stretched across, but Mark held my arms, pulling me into a hug. "I'm not needed here, I need to go." I felt his arm rub my back, as a couple of droplets landed on top of my head. I pulled away looking up at him. "Why are you crying?"

"Look at you Megan. You're a mess, and I've not been there to help you, I've been so wrapped up in me, I've forgotten about you. All this time you've been in such a sad state and you've not had be by your side." This time it was my turn to cry, as the tears rolled down my cheeks too. "All this time you've probably just wanted someone to talk to, tell you it's alright."

"This is all my fault, I've been in this downward spiral for so long and just kept it to myself. I let it build up and build up until I couldn't take it anymore." Mark picked me up into his lap, cradling my body close to him.

"I'm never going to let it get this bad again, I'm going to be here for you all the time. Whenever you need me I will be there. I'll take a couple of weeks off of work, get you on the mend, feeling happier." I laid my head onto his chest, feeling his heart beat. "You're too precious for me to let go of."

"I'm so sorry for all the upset I've caused, I just want to be me again." He kissed the top of my head.

"We're in this together, you and me. I'm going to be here for you the entire way, the journey is going to be long and hard, but we'll keep kicking until we're there." I nodded as my tears dried up on my cheeks.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"You never have to thank me, I don't want to loose you."

"I don't want to be lost." I told him, hugging him tightly.