Open Hearts ~ Shane McMahon

Trying to find your best friend in such a packed cafeteria was possibly one of the hardest challenges someone had to face, daily. For the past few weeks, Shane had become increasingly jealous, and flirtatious around me, constantly making moves, which I objected to, he wanted something more, but did I? I don't know why, but that is what I was hoping to find out.

I found Shane sat in his suit with two coffees, texting on his phone. I walked over tugging at the hem of my dress. "Shane." I said rather bluntly. He stood up leaning over to kiss my lips, but I turned so he collided with my cheek. We sat down awkwardly as Shane pushed my coffee towards me.

"What are we Penny?" Shane asked suddenly, I brushed my red hair out of my face.

"We are friends of course, why, what else would we be." His expression dropped as I gave him a bit of a funny look.

"That is my problem." I took a sip out of my drink as he stopped taking a breath.

"Go on."

"I want to be more, I want to be more than your friend, I want to look after you, protect you, be yours. Look at yourself Penny, you're beautiful, why can't you see that? I am falling for you hard."

I thought things over for awhile in my mind. Something was telling me maybe giving things a go might not be so bad, we could always go back to being friends if things didn't work out.

"I don't know Shane, there are a lots of pros and cons to this." He stared me straight in my green eyes, deadly serious.

"Hand on heart, we will make this work. Stop zoning me out, pushing me away, let me in, stop being so defensive." I nodded my head, finally agreeing with him.

"Fine, but if you make a mistake or hurt me, you go back to being my friend." He rushed to my side giving me a hug.

"You won't regret this Penny." He cupped my cheeks, and gently kissed me. "Thank you for letting me in."