Jane Volturi | Enchanted

By : avyannadawn | Tumblr

Pairing: Jane Volturi x Gender-Neutral Reader

-----

Humans have been the bane of her existence for over a millennium. Their loud, obnoxious nature drew such a deep hatred out of Jane. It shocked even herself sometimes.

Her loathing for everything with a heartbeat stemming from the cruelty the people in her village once displayed towards Alec and herself. Their horrid words and looks of revulsion planting seeds that bloomed well into her immortal years. As much as she refuses to admit it, the marks their words and actions left upon her were still quite visible, especially to the people close to her.

"Sister, if we are to leave, we are to leave now," Alec sighed, grimacing as he spoke. "I'd rather get this whole 'Cullen ordeal' out of the way."

Jane hummed in response, her shoulder straightening as she turned to her brother. "I can't say I don't agree, it's that stupid tracker we are waiting for as per usual." Jane scolded, her gaze shifting onto Felix. The oversized brute merely rolled his eyes in response, uninterested in anything going on around him.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting, shall we go now?" The familiar voice of Demetri came from behind them. All of them whipped around, eyes glinting as they glared at the tracker. Demetri stepped back a pace, hands raised with a sheepish smile. "Sorry, the Seattle antique shop always has fascinating stuff. Shall we go now?"

No one answered him, only following Demetri on the run through the woods to the Cullens residence. The white house looked the same as always. Broad, modern white planks wrapped up in vibrant vines as the forest concealed the home.

Jane had to admit that it was quite a beautiful home, despite that it was ridden with the essence of the Cullen family and their filthy human companions. Their mere presence upon the gorgeous property made it tainted in Jane's eyes.

The blond leader Carlisle stepped out onto the porch in greeting, his usual calming smiling painted across his lips as he locked eyes with all four guards. "Welcome," he spoke gently. His everlasting calm aura always boils something beneath the surface for Jane. She utterly despised the man. "Come inside."

The other thing that pushed Jane over the edge was the sound of heartbeats, not just one. To which she knew was Bella's and her unborn child but another as well. The scent of this other person's blood had venom foaming at her mouth as she followed Carlisle inside. The scent grew stronger with each step she took into the spotless house, her jaw clenching as she walked. Alec gripped her hand, squeezing it gently, forcing her attention onto him. He tilted his head to the side in a questioning manner, his eyebrows furrowing. Jane simply shook her head.

Her head snapped to the side as she entered the overcrowded room, her grip on Alec's hand tightening. Her eyes narrowed in on you, her red eyes darkening as she took every inch of you. Her throat burnt with the need to drink every single drop of blood occupying your veins yet the overwhelming need to protect you was exceedingly stronger.

You turned, your eyes locking with Jane's before immediately passing. Her dead heart sank, she felt utterly useless as your eyes continued to loll and flitter around the room, never focusing on anything. Alice and Edward stood by your side, eyes trained on Jane.

Jane completely ignored them as she took a step forward, eyes searching yours. Your eyes looked distant as if you were looking at everything yet at nothing. Your iris held a certain white gloss, they were not tears, Jane knew that much- she had seen centuries worth of tears to know you weren't crying. No, she thought. You were blind.