Paul Lahote

By : wolfpackimagines14 | Tumblr

Request: can I request an imagine where Paul imprints on Sam's younger sister and at first she rejects the imprint and its super angsy and paul gets all emotional and depressed. Like, every time he tells her that she's beautiful or that he likes her she is always like "Oh, its just the imprint talking, its not really you" kind of thing

-----

Being the younger sister of a werewolf was already complicated enough, but when another werewolf from said brother's pack imprints on you, things get even more complicated.

I had known Paul before he turned for the first time and I had always thought he was cute, but he was one of the popular kids and I was definitely not. I don't think he even knew who I was until he joined the pack.

Which is why I was calling bullshit on this whole 'imprint' thing. Paul never even gave me the time of day before he imprinted on me. Sure it was great cause I could hang out with my brother again now that I knew about the pack, but I didn't want to give into the imprint.

My brother Sam and his fiancé Emily were imprints, but they hadn't ever met before Sam was a wolf so who knows if they would be together if he hadn't turned. Sure I was happy for him, but I couldn't see myself being with someone who only wanted me because of some werewolf instinct.

If we were really 'soulmates,' as Paul had compared an imprint to, then wouldn't he have shown some sort of interest in me before?

I had known about the imprint for 6 months now, Paul had known for 9, and he wasn't giving up on me. At the moment I would identify our relationship as friends. We had grown closer, but I was still hesitant to let my guard down. What if the imprint was telling him we were soulmates, but when I finally let him in he sees me the same way he did before he turned?

But today wasn't about me, it was about Sam and Emily. The long-awaited wedding was finally happening and I was Emily's maid-of-honor. With Paul as Sam's best man, we were paired up together to walk down the aisle during the ceremony.

We were standing at the doors of the church, lined up and ready to start the procession down the aisle. My floor length bridesmaid dress was a deep purple color and it matched some of the flowers in my bouquet. My hair was pinned back out of my face in loose curls.

Paul looked very handsome in his suit and tie and it was getting harder and harder to resist the imprint, but I was resilient. He stood beside me kind of awkwardly, looking like he wanted to say something.

Just as we were about to open the doors to head into the church and walk down the aisle, he stepped in front of me.

"You look beautiful," he told me softly, cupping my cheek with one of his warm, large hands. My breath hitched in my throat as I looked up at him, and my eyes watered a bit. No one had ever told me that so sincerely before.

"Stop..." I snapped out of it, looking away from him. I stepped forward and hooked my arm with his so we could walk down the aisle together.

"You do look beautiful, (Y/N)..." he said again. "I don't know why you won't give me a chance. I'll always be here for you, whether you want me here or not."

'Please stop, Paul," I whispered as we were now walking through the doors of the church.

"But-"

"We can talk later," I gave into him.

The ceremony was beautiful and I was so happy for my brother. He deserved to be happy and Emily was the sweetest person on the planet. But now there was nothing stopping Paul from talking to me. The ceremony had been a nice buffer.