Emmett Cullen | Fated Mate (VI)

By : it-was-all-a-beautiful-dream | Tumblr

Warnings: Mild swearing/mentions of suicide/death

Word Count: 2,373

——————————————————————————————-

It had been days since the incident with your newly discovered powers. At first, no one knew what to say, they had never seen something like that before. You didn't know what to say, you had closed yourself off, not even speaking to Emmett, worried you would end up hurting someone. Your emotions were still new and raw, you had to remind yourself that it'd only been a couple of weeks since Bella had turned you. Since that day.

Surprisingly the first person you let in since the little powers incident was Rosalie. You had never been friends with Rose when you were human. She tolerated you because you were Bella's cousin. Now, she had decided she could relate to you more than she first thought. It started with a knock at the door, to which you didn't answer. Growing impatient, Rosalie broke in anyway and didn't really give you the option. You were going to talk about it. Whatever was bothering you, and you did. You let it all out, to the person you least expected.

The first snow had fallen. Alice and Jasper had left. It hurt but you tried to ignore it as something bigger was coming. Initially, Carlisle had talked about sending you away as the Volturi would probably try and use you for their own good. It was better to keep you away when they didn't even know you existed. But somehow they found out about you. Alice had seen it. There was no hiding now. They'd be coming for you and Renesmee.

You still didn't know how to control your abilities properly. Something that wasn't going to help when it came time to face off with the Volturi. You were growing agitated. You had been training with Jasper, he was teaching you how to fight and use your newborn strength. At least that was something you could contribute to the fight. At the moment you still had remnants of human blood flowing through your system which made you all the more stronger.

You hadn't spoke to Emmett since the incident. When you spoke to Rose she had explained why you and Emmett were drawn together and why Rosalie and Emmett were not longer together. You were his mate. Everyone has one, even humans. So yes soulmates are a thing apparently. She wasn't angry at you. Maybe in the beginning, but no, not now. She knew it might happen one day, and instead she was happy that Emmett had finally found the one person he was fated to be with for eternity. You didn't know how to process the information. Yes, you believed in soulmates as cheesy as it was, you just didn't think you'd be lucky enough to ever find yours. You were kinda mad at him for not telling you about it. You had noticed the instant draw to him, the magnetic, tingly sensation every time he was near, thinking it was just a vampire thing.

He had tried to speak to you, you ignored him. You didn't know how to feel and everything was just confusing. Did he even feel that way for you before you were turned? You just didn't want it to be a forced thing that he had no say in. Ignoring him didn't go down well. You noticed Emmett over the days, getting more and more angry, having to go hunting just to cool off. You should probably talk to him about it eventually, but what do you say? "Oh hey Em I hear we're mates, that's cool." You scoff and shake your head.

You were in the woods with Benjamin. You had been having lessons on how to manage your powers. Tomorrow the Volturi would arrive and you at least wanted to be able to throw snowballs at them if all else failed. You chuckled to yourself and Benjamin gave you a disapproving look. You weren't concentrating. Okay, time to focus.

You had been trying to copy Benjamin and make a little dirt whirlwind in the palm of your hand. Focus on the power flowing through you blah blah blah. You were too distracted. Emmett was stood a stones throw away talking to Jasper. You couldn't help but check him out. He was dressed in all black. Black combat Jeans, black boots and oh that leather jacket made you melt. You had spaced out and could faintly here Ben calling you back. You snapped out of it and gasped. Ben was looking at you in awe. All of the loose debris from the forest floor was floating around you gently, as if it were caught in time. Reaching out you poked at a twig that was floating in front of you and laughed, gaining the attention of Emmett and Jas who looked shocked. Probably at the fact you had actually laughed for the first time in weeks and more at the fact the forest floor was floating around your head. If vampires could blush you would be the shade firetruck. Emmett was looking at you so intensely. The debris started to swirl around you like a whirlwind and you gave him a toothy smile.