Paul Lahote | Opposites Attract (III)

By : it-was-all-a-beautiful-dream | Tumblr

Warnings: Swearing

Word Count" 2.1k

———————————————————————————-

-Your POV-

They were running at a speed that seemed impossible, their size alone, impossible. The shear beauty of the animal, breath taking. This wasn't the first time you'd dreamt of giant wolves. They visited your dreams frequently, leaving you with all sorts of un answered questions, leaving you the next day, searching "What does seeing giant wolves in your dreams mean?" Yup, you were that kinda girl. You thought there was an answer for everything, and there probably was, but you weren't going to find the answer on google search.

You don't know how long you'd been in the car for. All you knew was you were in pain, then it seemed to ease and a sense of comfort washed over you. Your head felt as if it were floating, snuggled into something warm and soft. A pillow perhaps? You didn't open your eyes to check, the pain in your abdomen and now across your whole body blinding, you'd woken a few times with a jolt, and then you passed out again.

The next time you woke up you weren't moving at all, which you were grateful for, the pain mixed with the motion of a moving vehicle didn't do anything for your stomach, travel sickness was the bane of your life. Instead you found yourself in a room, the blinds drawn closed, the door shut, your body, in different clothes. A mens t-shirt? When did you get changed? Where were you? You looked around in a daze, sitting up slightly from the comfort of the pale yellow duvet set. Wooden log walls, photo frames scattered on every surface, subtle lighting and a wall lined with books, the smell of home cooking wafting through from the kitchen. You were in Emily and Sam's guest room, how did you know this? Well for one all of the frames had pictures of the happy couple in, two, you'd stayed over once before, back when you'd been caught in a freak storm with Leah while on the beach. You vaguely remembered the place. You didn't come over often, what with Leah and Sams history, that and as much as you liked Paul, sometimes you'd be nervous to bump into him. Paul! Speaking of Paul, you groaned and flopped back into the fluffy bed sheets. Paul was at the hotel when the pain started... where was he now? Did he drive with you back home?

You were about to get up when Leah came bounding through the door. "Oh good I thought I could hear you awake in here." She grinned at you. "You look like you're feeling much better!" You pat the space beside you and Leah climbed in snuggling up to your side.

"So, on a scale of one to ten how bad was it." The big 'It' being how bad was the show in front of your long term crush. Leah shrugged as she looked at you.

"Nothing was baddd... everyone was just worried about you, you seemed to be in some serious pain, hence why we thought it best to cut the trip short, it's probably better that were home, it was early hours when we got here so Sam said we could just crash at his." You raised your eye at you best friend. She was being awfully calm about the whole situation. She said Sams name in a sentence and didn't get herself worked up. You looked down at yourself.

"And the clothes? Or lack there of...." That's when Leah grinned. You didn't like the way she was looking at you. You inhaled the scent that was on the shirt. Sandel wood and aftershave, a hint of sea salt probably from the misty air outside.

"That's Pauls t-shirt Y/N" Your eyes went wide and you knew you were blushing.. did that mean he had undressed you. Leah noticed the panic in your eyes.

"Before you get worked up he just leant the t-shirt knowing you'd be uncomfortable in your dress, I changed you." You audibly gave a sigh of relief, not knowing how you'd react if the guy you'd been in love with since second grade had finally seen you in your underwear. "He stayed in here with you last night you know, to make sure you were okay. He wouldn't leave." Leah was now proper up on one arm looking at you. You didn't know what to make of it. You didn't think Paul had even known you existed... You were taken from your train of thought when something started dinging. The mobile on the bedside table started beeping as texts came through one by one. Oh god, you hoped Leah hadn't told your parents about your episode at the hotel, the last thing you needed was for them to worry. However, you realised when you picked it up, it wasn't your phone.