Jasper Hale | Golden World

By : imagines-by-a-typical-fangirl | Tumblr

 Pairing: Jasper Hale X Reader

Word count: 1.062

Prompt number 63: "Is there a reason why you're crawling through my window?"

All your perfectly human friends keep staring when you sit on their table. Your old table. The one you used to share with them before dating Jasper. The way everybody keeps looking it's annoying, so you groan, letting your bag fall loudly on the metal table.

"Would you stop? I'm not here because I missed your glances." You bark, barely touching your food.

"Bad sign." Luke gestures at your food. "Whenever you don't eat, it means that are troubles in heaven." You grab his hand before he could point his stupid fingers at the Cullen's table.

"Luke, shut up." The last thing you need is your best friend talking shit right now. He'll hear it. You don't want him to know how you feel.

"Tell me what happened, (Y/N), I'm your brother, am I not?" Using your childhood friendship against you, Luke makes you give up, closing your eyes for a few seconds before starting.

"He wouldn't listen to me. He..."

"(Y/N), who started?" Luke interrupts you, raising an eyebrow. He knows you too well.

"I did. But I was completely right!"

"Whenever you say this sentence, you know you need to rethink."

Taking a deep breath, you look over your shoulder. Of course, Jasper is already staring at you. You love him with all your heart, but sometimes it was just difficult. Why couldn't he let you do normal stuff like driving your own car? Burning with anger again, you pick up your bag and head out of the cafeteria, ignoring how Luke advice me not to miss another class.

Just to pay back at Jasper, you decide to walk the longest way home, leaving your car at the school parking lot. It's cold, and the snow is falling lightly. You like it. It was on a day like this when you first met Jasper, walking alone in the woods. He turned your world upside down, but in a good way. Your parents love him, you love his family and his family loves you. The 'v' word was never a problem. You learned to deal with this instead of allowing it to be an obstacle in your relationship.

The rain is heavy when you get home, so you run upstairs to get a hot shower. You hear your mom in the living room, yelling your name, and you know she knows you missed another class.

"(Y/N), why are you home and your car isn't in the garage?" She knocks on the bathroom door and you can imagine the look on her face, her hand on her hip.

"Came home walking, mom. Mad at Jasper. Snow being beautiful. I needed time to think." Being honest, you wrap the towel around your body. "Just the usual."

"Fine. Let me know when you forgive him." Her voice faints away as you put on your clothes.

"Or when he forgives me." You whisper, starting to dry your hair.

After dinner, you decided to stop reading Jasper texts. He's sending mean pick up lines, and you try hard not to laugh. He won't know, but you don't care. This thought is driving you mad and you can't help but keep it in your mind. The thought that one day you'll get too old and eventually die. Jasper never brought it up and you don't know what's on his mind. Or maybe he doesn't have the intention to be with you for so long.

With a pain in your heart, you excuse yourself to your room, still ignoring the texts.

"Homework will keep my mind out of it." You say to yourself, lying on your bed, pulling out your school books.

Then a low crack makes you close your eyes shut for a few seconds. You hope it's nothing, just your parents downstairs, but soon enough you see him, opening the same window you forgot to lock.

"Is there a reason why you're crawling through my window?" You inquire, your heartbeat increasing. The worse part of it is that he knows how much you love to see him since he can listen your heart beating stupidly fast whenever he's around.

"Yes." In half a second he's sitting by your side on the bed, golden eyes locked on yours. "I needed to see my girlfriend and find out why she's so sad."

"Your girlfriend has a lot on her mind." Reluctantly you turn your attention back to your History book.

"(Y/N), I love you so please tell me what's wrong, darling." His low voice melts your heart, forcing you to take a deep breath and put your thoughts in order.

"I wanted to drive my car. That was all." You lie, hoping he'll take it for the truth.

"I'm aware of that. But we've been arguing a lot and I don't even know why, but you just start yelling." Jasper makes you remember Luke telling you to think again. The look in Jasper's eyes breaks your heart. You're hurting him.

"Jasper, I'm so sorry, I... I'm..."

"Tell me, darling."

You move a bit, nervously, crossing your legs. "Jas, I'm dying. I am, no matter what you say. And I was thinking that maybe you never bought it up because you don't even want to be with me for so long and I don't know what to think, Jas, I'm lost." The words come out quickly and tears come streaming down your face.

"Edward told me that. You've been thinking about it for a while, but why haven't you tell me?"

"Didn't want to find out that you don't love me like I love you."

The silence kills you, but suddenly you feel calm, relaxed, so you let your body fall, lying down as Jasper moves to accommodate you on his arms.

"Why do you always do that?"

"Because I love you and you can believe me when I say that all eternity with you is not enough."

"You're such a cutie, Jas." You whisper, suddenly feeling sleepy. "Will you stay if I fall asleep?"

"You know I will, darling. I'll always be here."

The sound of his voice is your personal lullaby, and the relief you're feeling is slowly making you fall asleep. For the first time in your relationship, since he told you about what he is, you feel 100% secure. You love Jasper and now you feel you're on the edge of a golden world.