Paul Lahote | Love In Forks (III)

By : marvelatthetwilight | Tumblr

-----

"It was you."

Paul's POV

A week had passed since Y/N found out the pack's secret, and that it was me who had been watching her, I mean...looking out for her.

She had been distant, I hadn't seen her in person, but she was replying to my messages. I understood how she felt, and I would completely understand if she never wanted to see me again, although that would be totally shit. Lost in my thoughts of Y/N I almost didn't hear my phone in my pocket.

- Sorry I've been MIA. Are you around? Can I see you?

- I'm at Emily's. Want me to come to you?

- I'm already on my way to the res, see you in 10.

"Y/N is coming over." I almost can't hold in my excitement as a massive grin appears on my face as I look around at the pack sitting at Emily's dining table.

"Oh Paul I'm so happy for you!" Emily says as she comes to give me a quick hug.

"It doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing..." I punch Jared in the arm and send an apologetic look to Emily as a plate falls to the floor as Jared falls off his chair.

"Bro you need to do something about your stink." Jared slaps me on the back as he walks past me on his way to the kitchen.

I give myself a quick sniff and freeze in panic.

Emily rolls her eyes and points to the bathroom.

"Go use the shower quick. Guest towels are in the top of the cupboard."

She laughs as I kiss her on the cheek in thanks and I rush to the bathroom.

~~~

Y/N's POV

I pull up outside Emily's house and take a couple of deep breaths.

I told Paul I needed a bit of space to get everything right in my head, but suddenly not being in his company my head felt fuzzy and unclear. My feelings for him had flown off the chart, as if a switch had clicked in my head and I found myself wanting to phone him and tell him I loved him every time he text to ask if I was ok.

How did I feel this strongly, so quickly?

I look up and see Paul standing at the front door smiling nervously at me. He motions for me to walk with him, and I step out of the car, deciding not to grab my jacket as it wasn't cold.

~~~

We start walking towards the beach, and I hold out my hand to Paul, he eagerly takes it, and his hand is warm, comforting.

"So...I'm sorry I left so suddenly last week I...I...don't really know why, I think everything was suddenly starting to make sense and I'm not used to it, everything has always been crazy and hectic. I've been searching everywhere to find this creature I kept seeing out of the corner of my eye...seeking out this...feeling it gave me...it's calming, comforting... and it was you all along." I realise I haven't taken a breath and that I've just been talking without letting Paul even acknowledge what I'm saying.

My face flushes as I look up to see him looking at me, "Sorry. I'm rambling"

He shakes his head "not at all. It's the imprint y'no. The comforting, calming thing, that's what the imprint does. Being around you does the same thing for me. We seek each other out."

I smile and nod as he explains, suddenly a thought hits me. "Does the imprint intensify feelings too?"

"What do you mean?" He glances sideways at me as he kicks up some sand with his foot.

He definitely knows what I mean. He wants me to say it.

"Like emotional feelings. I obviously liked you but suddenly it all seems very...intense."

We stop walking and take a seat on a log, a breeze blows past us and I shiver. Paul wraps an arm around me and I'm immediately engulfed by his scent and his warmth. I don't think I've ever felt so at ease, so at peace and at home. I have to tell him.

"I love you." I blurt out. Immediately my face flushes red and I put my head in my hands. "I meant for there to be more of a build up than that!"

Paul laughs as he gently lifts up my head, moving my hands away from my face. He tilts my head so I'm looking at him, looking into his eyes.

"I love you too Y/N." Then he leans in to kiss me, stopping just before our lips meet so I can choose to close the distance.

The kiss is heavenly, just as his scent was heavenly his taste is somehow already my favourite.

We pull apart and rest our heads against each other.

"I love you so so much Y/N"

"Not as much as I love you, no one can love anyone as much as I love you"