Paul Lahote | Opposites Attract (IV)

By : it-was-all-a-beautiful-dream | Tumblr

Warnings: Swearing?

Word Count: 1.7k

————————————————————————–

Life had a round about way of giving you what you had longed for all along.

You had spoke to Paul for hours up on the mountain side, the world around you quiet as the only thing you could focus on was him. You sat side by side, invisible sparks crackling between warm skin as he told you everything there was to know about your new found wolfiness. He reassured you that even though you were mates, it didn't mean you had to feel pressured into anything, an imprint was there to be anything for their other half, a friend, a lover.. You shivered at the sound of being Paul Lahote's lover, you had to stop yourself from pinching yourself a few times.

It was dark by the time you made the descent down the frosty mountain, in normal circumstances you would have most likely died of hypothermia by now, but as you'd established, life was anything but normal.

You were laughing at something Paul had said when you heard a twig snap in the distance, it caught Pauls attention to, he tensed, pushing you behind him. Your face scrunched against his back as a foul smell invaded your senses and that's when it happened.

A flash of red hair was all it took for your body to start quivering.

——————————————————————————————

"So that was a vampire?" You were changing back into clothing, your other stuff shredded in the shift. "I thought they would look... less human?" Your nose scrunched up when you thought about the vampire stench that came off the one they called Victoria.

You looked towards Paul who was tense with a capital T. He was mad that he didn't sense her approach sooner, hating the fact that you were newly shifted and still had much to learn about being a wolf. What if something had happened to you? Luckily the red headed vamp disappeared when you and Paul started chasing her, the pack had followed behind in a second, your link alerting them to the threat nearby.

You walked closer to him, scared that he might be too angry. His back was rippling and his muscles tensed. Your small warm hand reached up to touch the space between his shoulder blades and it was like magic. In an instant he relaxed as invisible electrical current crackled between your skin.

He turned slowly and looked down at you, his gaze warm and calm when he looked into your eyes. He took your hand and pulled you into him, your bodies colliding in a much needed embrace, his chin resting on the top of your head. You sighed and snuggled your face into his toned chest as his arms came around you like a cocoon of safety.

"Yes Y/N, that, was a vampire. The only reason she's here is because of the fucking Cullens and their pet project." You felt his jaw tense on the top of your head, your hands rubbing small circles on the lower part of his back.

"What do you mean their pet project?" You hadn't found out about Bella yet and her involvement with the Cullens. Vampires were your natural enemy now, but some part of you still found it romantic that a blood sucking demon fell in love with a human. A human that you didn't really know, had only met in passing when she was little and used to visit the Blacks. Since then, you'd never seen her again, but by the sounds of things, you'd be seeing her very soon.

Sam had agreed to helping the Cullens. The pack had a treaty with them but it was unheard of for Wolves and Vampires to help each other, at least that's what you were told anyway, you were still trying to wrap your head around the fact that when you got angry a bushy tail would maybe appear.