Self-Conscious - Roman x Thomas

Trigger warning: self deprecation

The sides and Thomas knew Roman to be arrogant, he always make remakes on how good he looked, or how he was the best out of them all, though none of them realised it was just a mask

Roman made it apparent to never look in a mirror or a reflection, he never took selfies, only pretended too around the others, he hoped for the best with how he looked before leaving his room even though he thought he looked terrible all the time, even if he made it a point to look extra good that day.

One day he and the others were making snide comments to each other as always, he didn't let it show that every time one would insult him it would bring down his self esteem by half, that is if he has any left.

"Well....! You're....ugly" Virgil said, not thinking of a better insult. "Great, insulting us all" Logan remarked, adjusting his glasses.

"I know" they heard Roman reply, in surprise they stared at him. He shrugged weakly, "I'm ugly, right? Somehow I don't look as good as you even if we have the same face" he chuckled with no humour.

"Only I could be the ugliest compared to people I look exactly alike to"

"Roman-!" Roman left before Patton could deny what he said. Thomas's mouth as agape, he glanced at the others who looked as confused as he did.

He left to go found his side who was sitting in his room, head in his hands and back towards him. "Roman?" He called cautiously. Roman froze at the sound of Thomas's voice, of course he would follow.

Roman stood up and plastered on a smile, cleaning his face. "Yes?"

"You think you're ugly?" Roman sighed and sat back on his bed, tilting his head down. Thomas sat next to him and wrapped an arm securely around his waist, giving him a look of concern.

"I don't think it, I know it. You may take offence but, I can't help it" Roman shook his head, a few tears slipped down his cheeks. It was rare to see Roman cry, even Logan cried more than he did, Roman could usually hold them back easily but right now he felt like letting it all out.

"I'm so sorry, Roman"

Thomas held him close as he cried, rubbing his back soothingly and whispering words of comfort every now and again.

Once he had calmed down he sat up and cleaned his face with his sleeve. "Thank you, Thomas" Roman smiled weakly.

"Don't mention it...I want to help you" Thomas said, turning his body to face Roman.

"Help me...how?"

"To have self worth! Because you are very beautiful" Thomas smiled, booping his nose. Roman smiled and agreed, the next few weeks was filled with Thomas reminding him that he looked good, Thomas helped him get ready in the morning and gradually Roman looked in the mirror more and more.

It definitely helped, and even if Roman still felt a little self conscious he was getting better.

One morning Thomas was standing in front of his mirror in the bathroom and he stood behind him, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"I-...Thank you" Roman smiled, looking at himself and Thomas in the mirror. Thomas smiled back and moved his head so he could kiss Romans cheek.

"It was my pleasure, Firefly"

--

Thanks for the request!

Anyone else remember that episode of Horrid Henry where Henry and Peter had to be babysat by this horrible babysitter? No? Just me? Well it was one of my favourite episodes

Also

Me

I need to write 66 more words (55 now, now 54, etc) to be 666 words in this and I really want 666 words so I will write nonsense until I reach 666 words

I'll just write numbers as a count down

651, 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658, 659, 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665, 666