I Need You - Roman x Logan

.

Trigger warning: suicide

Logan marched across the imagination in search of the missing royal, it was Pattons idea. Him being the Dad he wanted to make sure all his "kids" were okay and if one was missing no one would stop until they were found.

Virgil and Logan didn't want to go find Roman, it's not that they didn't like him but Roman could look after himself.

"Roman!" Logan called, bored out of his mind. He would much rather be in his room finishing his book he started a few hours ago.

He emerged from the trees and spotted the royal sitting on the edge o the cliff. Finally, Logan thought, not even taking into consideration what he might be doing.

Turning around he headed back, ready to tell Patton where Roman was and to go to his book and read.

Patton happily skipped along to the cliff where he was told Roman sat, smiling. How he loved helping his children if they were upset, it was always heart warming to see their smiles afterwards.

"Hey, Rom...an?" Patton paused, he was at the cliff but Roman was no where in sight. Patton walked closer to the edge and saw a rock holding down a note, bending down he picked it up and read over the scribbly words.

"No..." he whispered, tears brimming his eyes. "No..no, no, no...no...Roman...NO!" He screamed, kneeling down and looking over the edge of the cliff, a small tree was protruding from the side, he saw a red materiel hanging from one of the branches. He reached down and grabbed it.

Some of Romans sash...

"LOGAN!" Patton screamed, barging into the logical traits room. Logan flinched, staring at Patton wide eyed. "What is it?" He asked, breathing heavily. Patton marched over, tears pouring from his eyes, shoving the paper in his face Logan grabbed it to read the messy hand writing.

Logan slowly sat up, feeling the unfamiliar stinging sensation at the back of his eyes. "Wh...What, but he was there..." Logan whispered.

"Did you n-not think to TALK TO HIM?!" Patton yelled, sniffling and breathing in gulps of air. Virgil heard the yelling and hurried in, frantically asking what was wrong but Patton was on the floor, scream crying while Logan was staring lifelessly at the paper in his hands.

It didn't take long for Virgil to realise what was going on which made him teleport back to his own room so no one saw his break down.

Ever since then Logan was never able to rid the guilt that ate at him everyday. Roman came back but it wasn't Roman, it was Prince, another Roman. He didn't have the memories everyone else shared, he was new and acted like Roman did before he changed and became nice.

Logan was usually locked away in his room, no one knew what he was doing but they often heard noises of machines and swears.

At night when Patton would say goodnight to everyone - he was usually last to fall asleep - he would hear cries from Logans room.

One day it was different. Logan jumped up, knocking his chair back in the process. "I DID IT!" he yelled, holding the device in his hands. "I did it..." he repeated, quieter this time.

He put in the date of Romans death into the device, pressed a few buttons and the room around him disappeared, leaving him in the imagination. He hid behind a tree, watching his past self walk away from Roman.

"Idiot..." he muttered to...himself, eyes narrowed. Of course, back then he would never predict Roman doing what he does.

Once Logan was out of sight Logan turned to Roman who held a note in his shaking hands. The logical trait new there wasn't going to be that much time so he headed to the royal, sitting next to him.

"L-Logan?" He asked, surprised, hiding the note quickly. Pretending not to notice Logan nodded, smiling at him.

"Greetings, Roman"

"I thought you...left" he whispered, "I merely dropped something, what are you doing here?"

Roman clamped his mouth shut, turning back to face forward. His legs dangled over the edge dangerously, Logans stomach lurched.

"Nothing" Roman shrugged.

"Falsehood" Logan replied, staring at the side of his face he could see a tear slip down his cheek and land on the paper.

Roman sniffled, "leave me alone, Logan...everyone deserves a new Roman, maybe he'll be better than me" Logan placed a hand on his shoulder, shaking his head.

"Roman....I-"

Logan paused, he knew telling Roman he was actually from the future would be a cheap route to take. So, he decided to say something different.

"I cannot lose you" he whispered, this alerted Roman. "If I did I would never forgive myself, everybody truly loves you, as do I... I am so sorry if we ever made you feel worthless to us, it is the complete opposite...you are worth so much to all of us. It is a fact I cannot function without you here, without knowing that you're okay"

Roman silently cried, Logan removed his hand, moving to hold the ones still clinging onto the note tightly. "Roman" he whispered, the royal stared at him.

"I love you"

"I-I love you to"

Logan smiled, helping the royal up. He could already see himself fading, "come on, I shall race you" Logan offered, Roman rose his eyebrow.

"Back to the mind?" Logan nodded.

"Three...two...one" Logan watched Roman run with a soft smile, "don't mess this up, Logan" he whispered, referring to his present self. Dropping the time traveling device he faded away, a faint smile still on his lips.

Roman reaches the mind and saw Logan heading down the hall. "How did you win?" Roman asked, standing behind him. Logan turned to face him, "win what?" Roman shook his head, chuckling.

He kissed Logan, making the logical trait freeze in surprise. "Thank you" Roman smiled, kissing him once more.

"Patton! I'm home!" Roman called, walking away. Logan touched his lips, confused but...happy.

So....I succumbed

Wanna see my pet spider? His name is Mark, lol

The picture might not show up but if it does here is Mark

🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁