Soulmates - Roman x Virgil

AU

AU

Trigger Warning: mentions of past self harm

Virgil couldn't look at himself in the mirror in front of him, he felt disgusted with himself.

He rolled down his sleeves, rubbing a hand down his face. He could feel a panic attack slowly beginning to start and for once he didn't want to be alone. He grabbed his phone and texted his closet friend/crush, Roman.

I'll be there soon!

Virgil huddled himself on the couch, burying his head in his knees, trying to calm his sporadic breathing. Time passed slower than usual - or what felt like it did, anyway - until his front door opened and Roman dashed in, kicking it closed and falling on the couch next to a shaking Virgil.

"Verge?" Roman spoke softly, even if they have been friends for awhile Virgil usually deals with his panic attacks alone, or in emergencies with Patton - their other friend.

Roman was stuck, he didn't know what to do. Thinking quick he reached forward and held Virgil's hand in his own, his eyebrows drawn together in concern.

Virgil felt Romans hand clasped around his own and a few seconds later a tingly feeling on his arm, he recoiled, lifting his head. Roman saw his tears and frowned more, shuffling closer.

"Virgil?" He whispered, "What's wrong?"

Virgil blanked out his question, more interested in the tingly feeling on his arm. Reaching out again Roman caught on and held his hand, suddenly the pain from his arm from earlier subsided and he felt relaxed...his tears soon stopping.

"Roman..." he mumbled, realizing what had happened. "You healed me" he spoke, his watery eyes meeting Romans concerned ones.

"I...What?"

"The um...y'know soulmates? Yeah...y-you healed me" Romans eyes widened and a blush crept up his cheeks much like on Virgil's, a smile forming a few seconds after.

"I'm your soulmate? Wait...you hurt your arm?" Virgil opened his mouth and instantly closed it when Roman spoke the second part, shuffling back slightly.

"Virgil..."

Virgil didn't meet his eyes, Roman slowly moved closer, delicately tilting his head up. "Did you harm yourself?"

Virgil hesitated.

Then, he nodded.

Comforting arms wrapped around Virgil and held him close, Virgil hugging back.

"Virgil" Roman mumbled, "you are my soulmate," he said, taking Virgil's hand in his own. "And I will vow to never let you hurt yourself again" Virgil smiled slightly at his words, mumbling a thank you.

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?" Roman smiled.

Virgil nodded, smiling himself. "Yeah...Yes...please" he added in a whisper, making Roman laugh. He held the smaller boy close, kissing his head.

Thanks for the request!