Midnight Park - Logan x Virgil

—

Virgil strolled down the small path next to the barren street, whistling to a silent tune. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets and head casted down, thinking about...nothing, really.

Apart from his quiet whistles it was silent. The street was asleep due to it being midnight. As he crossed the street he paused when he suddenly stopped walking on concrete and instead walked on the soft green grass.

Tilting his head up he glanced at the park he accidentally walked to. The light from the moon letting him see the scenery pretty clearly. It wasn't a park with swings and slides and concrete for skateboarders, it was a long stretch of land covered in grass, blossoming flowers and tall trees.

With a faint smile he carried on his walk, letting his whistles die out into silence.

A voice sounded suddenly behind him.

"Virgil-?"

"Shit-!" Virgil exclaimed, spinning around. "Logan...." he breathed out in relief, holding a hand over his heart. "Jesus, don't do that" he muttered, turning around again.

Logan frowned, "I...apologies" he replied, standing next to the anxious trait. "I came to ask why you were here" he spoke, his voice quite and calm. He didn't sound mad or annoyed or confused - just curious.

Virgil shrugged, tugging his jacket closer. "Couldn't sleep" was his reply, it was his reply every time someone asked him why he stayed up late - he could sleep, he could lay down upside down and fall asleep instantly, he just doesn't want to.

Which is understandable.

"Would you care for me to join you in your midnight endeavours?" Again, Virgil shrugged.

"If you want..." he trailed, in reality he really wanted some company but he wouldn't want to keep Logan here if he wanted to go back home.

Logan nodded, "Carry on"

They both walked through the park, none saying a word, enjoying the peaceful silence. Sometime during their walk Logan had slipped his hand into Virgils, one because it was cold and two because...he felt the need to do it, like that moment was the right one.

No more words were spoken that night, but they didn't let go of the others hand until they got home.

Lol guess where this idea came from? THATS RIGHT MY BRAIN

well, I had a dream like this and I thought of the idea.

If you are curious in the dream what happened to Virgil happened to me, but "Logan" didn't come - it was a good teacher from my school but we didn't hold hands - we actually had a short conversation before I woke up lol

But it was way more spectacular looking than I described, had a kinda...twilight feel to it (in the dream)