Memories - Thomas x Roman

Trigger warning: death

This one is a bit...confusing, but bare with me

"-and then we can all have a sleepover!"

"We are twenty seven, Patton" Logan sighed, Patton shrugged. "Sleepovers are for everyone!" Was his argument.

"Fine, I shall see you all tomorrow, goodbye" Logan bid farewell.

"Bye Logan! Bye Virgil! Bye Roman!" Patton waved, bouncing down the street.

"...see ya" Virgil mumbled, heading home.

Roman sighed, turning around and heading inside of his house. He closed his door and leaned back on it, staring at the ceiling.

"You okay?" Thomas asked, Roman shrugged.

"I'm fine" Roman replied, heading up the stairs. He had a quick shower and headed into his room, rubbing a towel over his head.

"You don't seem okay" Thomas persisted, Roman sighed and dragged the towel down his face.

"Stop worrying, I've never been better" Roman insisted, getting dressed. He jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen where he stared to make dinner.

"You can tell me anything! I'll be here for you" Thomas reminded, Roman chuckled lightly.

"Yes, you always were"

Roman made his dinner, humming along to the music on the radio. Serving the food on a plate he flicked off the radio and ate in silence, he always preferred it that way.

"What makes you think you can't trust me?" Thomas questioned. Roman shrugged, eating a bit of his bacón.

"Nothing, I know you will never tell anyone my secrets, even if it meant it would save my life"

Thomas laughed his sweet laugh, "Okay, okay, I'm annoying you...but, tell me if it really starts to bother you"

"I promise" Roman replied instantly.

"What? Roman! Please?"

Roman sighed, pushing his plate away and leaving the room. He slumped on the couch and turned on the tv, deciding to watch spongebob as he couldn't be bothered to find a Disney movie.

"So, who's the lucky guy?" Thomas giggled.

"You" Roman replied.

"Really? Roman...you know you can do better!"

"I will never find anyone better than you, Bunny"

"Hmm, true that...but it'll never work out"

Roman sighed and stood up, that's enough tv for tonight. Before he left the room he tapped the wood on the doorway softly, "No...it never did, and it's all my fault"

He walked to his room and laid down on his bed, sinking down into the mattress slightly.

"The relationship didn't last long? I'm sorry" Thomas said. Roman shrugged, staring at the white ceiling.

"It was my fault"

"I told you he was straight"

"You only came out to me" Roman frowned, rolling onto his side.

"It's okay, sometimes your good looks and charm can't change people"

Roman chuckled, "oh yes, it can...it's a curse"

Thomas laughed, "no! That's not what I'm implying at all!"

Roman closed his eyes and let his thoughts drift, an hour later Thomas spoke up again but this time he was shouting.

"I trusted you!" He yelled

"I know..." Roman whispered, curling in on himself.

"How could you, Roman?"

"I didn't mean to..."

Thomas gasped, "maybe I don't want to be in a relationship! It was my secret to tell! Not yours!"

"I know, and I'm sorry, it just slipped out" Roman cried quietly, tears soaking into his pillow.

"Because I love you!"

"I love you too..."

A door slammed. A sob echoed throughout the room...

A car horn sounded, the screech of it trying to stop rang out, the scream echoed down the street.

The silence deafened Roman.

"I'm sorry" Roman whispered, tears cascading out of his eyes, "I didn't mean for you to die...I take back what I said, Thomas....I love you"

He never got a reply.

Decided that I was doing too much happiness

If you didn't understand, I didn't either tbh, Roman was having a conversation with Thomas that had already happened in the past, he was reliving the day Thomas...died

Lolol, this idea has probably been done idk haha