Murderer? - Virgil & Patton

Lol sorry it's so late, I was doing stuff haha

Remember ages ago I made a OneShot where Virgil killed everyone? This is like an alternative ending to that one

After Virgil had killed Roman with a knife and shot Logan he went to Pattons room with the poisoned cookie...

"Sup, Pat" he smiled evilly, Patton turned to him with a grin. "Hey, kiddo! What's up?"

Virgil handed him the cookie, "Oh, thank you!" Patton was about to take a bite but he paused, why did he have a gut feeling it was poisoned...?

He split the cookie and handed half to Virgil who stared at it with widening eyes. "Have some with me!"

"No S'fine-"

"I insist!" Patton grinned, putting the cookie into his hand. He stared at it for the longest time, slowly his whole body began to shake and he dropped the cookie. He didn't want to die!

Patton rose his eyebrow and dropped his half of the cookie too, dusting his hands on his trousers. "Virgil?" He mumbled questioningly. Virgil felt tears sting his eyes and he backed into a wall, holding a hand over his mouth, as if everything he had done finally settled into his mind.

Patton rushed over and hugged him before he could collapse, Virgil didn't move, only sobbed. He nearly murdered him! Why is he still willing to help?!

"P-p-Patton-"

"Shh, Virgil, I love you, okay? I'll help you, I promise"

"B-but...why?" He whispered, finally hugging Pat-...his Dad back.

"Logan explained this, you were in your room at the time" Patton slowly pulled back but stayed close, wiping away Virgils tears with his sleeve.

"If a side is feeling...the way you are it means they aren't getting enough love!" Patton frowned, eyebrows creasing in worry. "I'm sorry, Virgil, have I not given you enough love? You're my son, I should've done better, I'm so sorry! It must feel horrible"

Virgil shook his head, "don't-don't be sorry...I murd-....they're dead...it's my fault!" This set him off again and he bawled, tears cascading down his flushed cheeks.

"Please don't blame yourself, for me? It wasn't your fault, they will come back, I promise, they only have to spend a while in the memory room...okay?" Virgil nodded, his breathing hitching dramatically.

Patton let him rest as he cleaned up everything. Obviously the thought of the sides being...dead for a few days didn't settle with him well, but he knew never to blame Virgil - he blamed himself, if only he had shown his son more love.

Usually if one of Thomas's sides were killed he would fall asleep for a few days, it was different if the sides ducked out. (Quack quack)

Patton made sure Thomas was okay as well as Virgil. The few quiet days passed agonisingly slow until the other two finally came back.

"Roman! Logan!" Patton cried, running over to them and pulling them into a long hug.

"Ah, Morality, correct?" Logic asked, Patton nodded and sent the two to the memory room.

Patton woke up Thomas and explained vaguely what happened, Thomas was a little worried but he didn't blame Virgil completely.

Patton found Roman and Logan, they remembered most things, obviously not the murder. Sending them to their rooms to get settled Patton went to Virgil who was huddled up on his bed.

"Hey, kiddo....I love you, so much" Patton whispered, kissing his cheek.

"You're not...scared of me? I'm sorry..."

Patton shook his head and laid down, opening his arms. Virgil shuffled close and cuddled into his warm, fatherly embrace. "I can never be scared of you, kiddo...I love you too much, you're my son...how could I not?" Patton smiled, pressing a kiss to his head.

He sniffled, hugging his Dad tighter. "Thank you..."

"Anything for you, kiddo"

Thanks for the request!

Why am I so tired, lol