Fly - Roman x Virgil

First, adorable ^ ⬆️ ^ second I relate to that video lolol

second I relate to that video lolol

AU

Roman was off on an adventure as per usual. It was a day job, really, he would go out and try to find mythical beings that weren't so mythical, befriend them and go home.

He loved doing it, he's met unicorns, vampires, Phoenix's, etc. One creature he really wants to meet is the human and bird hybrid.

Basically a human with giant wings. No bird and human hybrid had the same wings, but they were very rare and usually hid away from every other creature.

What every other creature didn't know was most of the time they were watched over by one of those hybrids, it wasn't a guardian angel type thing but to pass the time they usually did try and protect creatures from evil.

One specific hybrid was named Virgil, he had black wings that ombre into purple.

And the rest of him looked human.

He never really did look over humans but once he saw Roman he was enthralled, Roman being the only human to know of these mythical creatures.

Roman was very strong and could easily protect himself but sometimes he needs help, and this was one of those times.

Evil creatures that ate humans for breakfast attacked him at every angle, they were ruthless and would tare him apart with no mercy, Virgil was on edge, watching from a branch, hidden behind thick leaves.

Once Roman was hurt he finally forgot about hiding - "fuck it" he muttered and flew down, stretching out his long wings.

Roman for sure thought he was a goner, but when two arms wrapped around his torso and pulled him up into the sky quickly he thought otherwise.

He tried to turn his head but didn't want to anger whoever was carrying him so he stayed deathly still. The wound on his leg was starting to hurt but he ignored it best he could, looking down at the land they flew over.

Once landing in a thick part of the forest he's never set foot in he slumped down to the ground, stretching out his leg.

The thing that carried him sat next to his leg and Roman gasped, using his hands to shuffle away.

"You're...you're a..." He stuttered, astonished.

"...yeah, uh...can I see your leg?" He awkwardly requested, looking at the blood that slowly seeped onto the grass. Roman nodded and Virgil easily healed the wound, Roman watched with wide eyes.

Once Virgil finished he met Romans gaze and blushed, scratching his neck. "Are you..." he paused, "okay...?" He seemed nervous, which surprised Roman.

He tested out his leg and smiled, "Perfect - thank you" Virgil nodded and looked away at the surrounding scenery.

"Whoa...they're beautiful" confused, Virgil turned to him to see his eyes solely focused on his wings. Blushing further he slowly stretched his wing out, letting Roman glide his fingers delicately against the soft feathers.

Virgil felt a tingle shoot through his wing and down his spine, he shuddered involuntarily, thanking every god there was that he didn't notice.

Roman finally looked back at Virgil with a smile, "thank you for saving me, I owe you my life!" He did a bow as best he could sitting down, Virgil shook his head slightly, smiling.

"S'fine, you don't owe me anything"

This went on for awhile until Virgil finally succumbed and let Roman think what he wanted. They talked for awhile longer until Roman noticed it was becoming late. He knew the forest could be deadly at night so he suddenly became more aware of his surroundings.

"Come with me" Virgil said, standing up. They walked a bit through the shrubbery until they came across a house, it was wooden and had vines growing up the walls but it looked cosy.

"This is my place" Virgil mumbled, opening the door. Roman looked in and smiled, "it's cute, I like it" he complimented, Virgil mumbled a thank you, his face burning.

Pretending not to notice Roman walked in further, taking off his shirt due to it being quite warm. "You don't mind, do you?" He asked Virgil who shook his head a little too quickly.

Virgil showed him around, they had another little disagreement on who would sleep where, in the end Roman slept on the couch and Virgil on his bed.

But Virgil couldn't fall asleep, he kept thinking of Roman and how bad he felt for letting him crash on the couch. In the end he crept down the stairs and slowly picked him up with the help of his wings, laying him gently on his bed.

He thought he succeeded until Roman grabbed his arm. "If we're going to sleep we're both sleeping here" He mumbled tiredly, Virgil didn't know if Roman knew what he was doing as he tugged him down but Virgil went along with it, thinking he would leave early in the morning and wait downstairs.

Usually while sleeping Virgil would stretch his wings as it was uncomfortable otherwise, he could let one wing stretch out fully but the other kept poking Romans back, Virgil didn't mean to but it was kind of hard not to.

In the end Roman sat up. "I'm sorry-"

"It's okay" Roman smiled, Virgils wing stretched without him knowing and Roman laid back down on it, smiling at how comfortable and soft it was.

Virgils breath hitched, it wasn't painful but it's never happened before. "Does this hurt?"

"N-no..."

"Are you sure?"

Virgil nodded and to prove it further he laid down fully, resting closer to Roman than he anticipated.

Roman smiled and watched Virgil fall asleep, his other wings falling over Roman, sort of like a makeshift blanket. Smiling further Roman cuddled up to his side, closed his eyes and fell into deep slumber.

Thanks for the request! Hope it was good aha