Goodbye - Roman x Patton

Trigger warning: death

"You can't go, Roman!" Patton begged, clinging onto the royal trait like a vice, tears pouring from his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Cookie, I have to go" Roman frowned, hugging him back and kissing his head. Patton shook his head stubbornly, not letting his grip loosen.

"Patton - This is not a yes or no matter, Roman does not have a choice, if he does not do this Thomas's imagination will be destroyed" Logan explained, standing next to him.

Virgil and Logan had to pull a screaming Patton away to their dismay, they hated seeing him in such distress but Roman had to leave.

"I'll be back, I promise, Cookie" Roman called, Patton sniffled and sobbed.

"P-pinky promise!"

Roman jogged over and made a pinky promise, pressing a kiss to his lips. "I'll be fine - You'll see me tomorrow and we'll laugh this off" Roman smiled, Patton nodded and watched him run into the war that was the imagination.

Roman hadn't been there in awhile, the villains had an uprising now it was good against evil - Roman obviously fighting for the good to defeat the bad from destroying Thomas's imagination which is their goal.

The next day Patton sat where he was screaming yesterday, waiting patiently for Roman to walk through the door smiling in victory.

An hour passed, then another, and another... but Patton didn't lose hope.

Virgil and Logan stood not too far away, Virgil glanced at Logan who softly shook his head. Tears sprung at Virgils eyes and the two shared a hug, both walking away so Patton wouldn't see or hear their cries, knowing it would worsen the situation.

In the end Patton stood up and walked to the door, resting his hand on the handle.

Breathing in deeply he stepped in and gasped, he walked across the green grass to the end of the hill, the hill opposite was painted red from the blood, bodies of soldiers from the good and the bad littered everywhere.

He couldn't see a sign of life - he couldn't see Roman.

"Is that a trait?"

"It is!"

"Oh no..."

Patton turned his head to see three good soldiers walking over to him, they all had solemn looks on their faces. Patton jogged over, he rushed out his questions, continuously asking if Roman was okay.

The soldiers looked at each other, the one in the middle took off his hat and took a step forward.

"I...am sorry, Prince Roman...died in battle, but his death was not in vain - he sacrificed himself to save us all, we will all be forever grateful, he was a good man and he will always be in our hearts"

Patton shook his head in disbelief, "he promised..." Patton whimpered. Before the soldiers could say anything else he was off. The soldiers watched with deep frowns, their hearts went out to him.

Patton ran and ran until he came across a bunch of people surrounding something, he pushed through the crowd but wished he didn't.

There was Roman, his Roman, laying on a stone bed, eyes closed, body still.

Patton sobbed loudly, the people - who were soldiers - looked up at him and watched as the trait slowly stepped over to the prince, laying a gentle hand on his cheek.

"Roman" He whispered, his tears slipping onto Romans pale face. "Roman...Roman please" he begged, his voice raising. He came to a point where he was yelling, shaking his body to try and wake him up. The soldiers couldn't do anything - he was a trait, they couldn't do anything to them.

"YOU PROMISED!"

Logan and Virgil pushed through the crowd, Virgil wrapped his arms around him and pulled him away as Logan stared at his body - both hands covering his mouth. Virgil didn't want to see, he and Patton collapsed onto the floor, Virgil hugging him close while also crying.

Logan walked to his body and fixed it back to the position it was in prior, he saw the wound and he let a single tear roll down his cheek.

"Goodbye, Roman..."

Thanks for the request!

YO GUESS WHAT

I JUST DID THE BEST THING TODAY

I WALKED DOGS

THEY WERE SO CUTE OHMYGOD

SOME WERE ALL CUDDLY, SOME WERE JUST ADORABLE, AND THEY WERE ALL BIG

OH, I WAS IN HEAVEN

I LOVE DOGGOS! ESPECIALLY THE BIG ONES! SHIT MY DUDES