Perfect - Roman x Virgil

Trigger warning: self deprecation

Virgil was having a bad day, like, a really bad day. It's not new for him to feel hatred towards himself, it's not new to him that he has no self worth and is very self conscious, but some days are worse than others.

Some days, he doesn't think about how he looks, other days he cares so much he doesn't want to move from under his covers. This was one of those days, but ten times worse.

He kept muttering to himself how he was ugly, worthless, stupid, always negative, how no one likes him, and much worse.

Roman walked to Virgils room, he hadn't seen the dark side for a few hours and he wanted to make sure he was okay. Knocking on the door he waited but didn't get a reply, so out of worry he walked in and saw him under the blanket.

"Everyone hates me...I'm pathetic" he muttered. Romans heart dropped at his words and he softly closed the door, walking over to his bed.

"Virgil?"

Virgil paused his muttering, the sudden voice alarming him. He sat up and looked at Roman, his eyes glossy (taco) and tear stains prominent on his cheeks.

"Virgil..." Roman said softly, Virgil sniffled and cleaned his face with his sleeves.

"Yeah?" He asked weakly. Roman sat next to him and wrapped his arms around the upset persona, letting him rest against him. Virgil sniffled and closed his eyes, clutching onto the front of Romans top and shuffling closer to him.

Roman soothed him, running a hand through his hair softly. An idea came to mind and while calming him down he began to sing.

"Made a wrong turn, once or twice. Dug my way out, blood and fire" He started, Virgil paused his sniffling so he could hear him better.

"Bad decisions, that's alright, welcome to my silly life" Virgil sat up in his lap slightly, resting his head on his shoulder so he could look at Romans face without him knowing.

"Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood. Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down. Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated, look, I'm still around" Virgil stared at him slightly confused, wondering if that was aimed at himself.

"Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel like you are less than, fuckin' perfect. Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like you're nothing, you're fuckin' perfect to me" Virgil blushed and Roman smiled down at him, rubbing his back softly.

"You're so mean when you talk about yourself, you were wrong, change the voices in your head make them like you instead. So complicated, look happy, you'll make it, filled with so much hatred, such a tired game" Virgil hid his face in Roman neck, tightening his hold on the royal. He sung the rest of the song, Virgil loved it but he especially loved the chorus.

"You're perfect, you're perfect, oh pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like you're nothin' you're fuckin' perfect to me" by the end of it Virgil was, obviously, crying while he clung onto Roman who hugged him tightly.

"Do-do you really think that?" Virgil asked him, leaning back and staring into his eyes. Roman smiled and nodded, brushing Virgils hair to the side.

"Of course, you're perfect, pretty boy" Virgil started to cry again and Roman hugged him once more, smiling softly.

A few weeks passed and Virgil was having another bad day, he laid under his blanket and hugged his legs to his chest. Roman was out helping Thomas so he didn't want to call him and be a burden for both of them.

Thinking of Roman made him think of that song and a smile spread across his lips, he sat up and grabbed his phone and earphones. He found the song and played it, laying back down on his bed but this time he was smiling...

--

Thanks for the request!

AHHH A FRIEND OF MINE IS FRIENDS WITH A GAY COUPLE AND THEY DIDN'T TELL ME

I HAVE EVEN HUNG OUT WITH ONE OF THE BOYS AGH WHYYYYYY???