I Got You

Harry’s POV

I lay on the sofa with (Y/N), resting on top of me, her shirt riding up to reveal several long scars that marred her back. I blinked for a moment, staring at the scars before pushing her shirt up only to see more of the long jagged lines. My mouth went dry as I stared at the marks on her body, and I sat up quickly.

“What are those?” I asked, yanking her shirt up only higher. My stomach dropped to my knees when I saw that some of the scars were on the front of her body as well. “Who the hell gave those to you?”

(Y/N) pulled herself away from me, yanking her shirt back down irritably. “I had a rough past, OK?”

“No, I’m not OK,” I said, grabbing her arm. She visibly flinched, throwing an arm over her face as though she was attempting to shield herself from a hit. I paused for a moment, stunned by her reaction. “Did you think I was going to hit you?”

“Just drop it OK,” she muttered.

I let go of her arm, watching as she immediately moved away from me. Her eyes stayed glued to me as though she was waiting for me to strike her.

“They’re from previous boyfriends,” she said after a long moment of silence. “My last boyfriend wasn’t as nice as I initially thought he was… Some of them are from my father.”

“(Y/N),” I said her name softly, scooting over so that I was closer to her. “Baby, I’ll never hurt you like that.”

“Yeah, that’s what they all said, too.”

Before I could stop her, she leapt off the sofa, grabbing her coat off of the rack. She yanked open the door and stepped outside, ignoring the rain. I ran after her, not bothering to grab my jacket. She made all the way to the street before she stopped to look at me.

“Why are you lying to me!” she screamed. Tears were pouring down her face, and she hugged her jacket close to herself. “Why are you playing me like this?” *GIF*

I walked over to her, pulling her into my arms. She buried her face in my chest, her fingers gripping my shirt tightly as she sobbed. Her body shook from the cold, and I tightened my grip on her, making sure that she was wasn’t going anywhere.

“(Y/N), I’m not like those other guys; I got you, OK?” I said, rubbing her back. “I’m not going to hurt you.”