Oh My Love

Harry’s POV

I pushed off the hood of my new car, my hands rammed deep in my jacket pockets as I walked across the parking lot. (Y/N) stepped out of the office building, squinting as she looked around. Her eyes locked with mine, and she frowned.

“Go away, Harry,” she deadpanned, walking past me.

Smiling at her, I turned to follow her. “Damn, (Y/N),” I sighed. I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “Can’t even get a hello.”

“You’re annoying me,” she retorted.

Oh. She was playing hard to get. That was cool. I enjoyed a challenge.

“Let me drive you back to your place,” I suggested, nodding my head in the direction of my car.

(Y/N)’s eyes wandered over to my car, and she sighed, allowing me to lead her to my car. Unable to help the wave of excitement washing over me, I grinned. I had spent weeks trying to talk to her, and she never even gave me a second glance. Now was my chance.

Trying to impress her, I opened the passenger door for her. She smiled at me as she slid in, and I mentally began dancing. Once she was in, I jogged around to my side of the car.

“So, why you being nice to me?” she demanded. *GIF* She flipped her hair over her shoulder. “You usually act like one of those average boys. You seem like you’re stepping up your game.”

I sent her a smile. “I figured that since you were a lady you needed to be treated like one,” I responded truthfully. “I need to treat you right for you to even think about giving me the time of day.”

She leaned back in her chair, her arms folding across her chest. If it wasn’t for the playfull smile spreading across her lips, I would’ve assumed she was getting mad.

“So anything you want or need,” I added, “I gotchu. We can take our time with things because it’s whatever you want.”

“Y’know something, Harry,” she stated, her appreciative gaze landing on me. “You aren’t so bad.”