Crying Out For Me

Your POV

I angrily wiped my tears. How could I be so stupid? Falling for that asshole was a mistake. I glanced down at my phone. 10 missed calls from Harry. I know he’s my best friend, but I just don’t feel like talking to anyone right now. I buried my face in my pillow, wishing everything would just go away.

“I'm here to save you,” I heard.

“Harry, I don’t want to talk to anyone,” I muttered. I sat up, my jaw dropping, when I noticed Harry was in a Superman costume. The whole getup tights and cape and everything.

“What are you wearing?” I exclaimed, struggling to contain my laughter. “You look ridiculous.”

“I know,” He said, shrugging his shoulders. “But I didn’t know how else to get your attention.”

“What?” I asked, nervously biting my lip.

“I hate seeing you like this,” He sighed, crossing the room. “You fall for some guy, but it never ends well. And I’m always stuck over here wonder why I let you go out with them, when I know I can treat you so much better.”

“I don’t understand,” I replied. A million thoughts were swimming through my mind. Harry was my best friend, and until today I had never thought of him as more than that.

“I guess what I’m trying to say is I can’t ignore it anymore,” He replied.

“Ignore what?”

“Your heart,” He replied. “It’s been crying out for me.”

I made a face of confusion, and I guess he must of saw because he continued. “I didn’t mean to fall for you, but I couldn’t help myself. You are amazing, and I don’t think you realize that. I know this is confusing. It’s confusing for me too. All I know is that I just can’t keep lying to myself. I love you,” He confessed, and it took my breath away.

I didn’t know how to react. I didn’t know what to say to that. My best friend loves me. He leaned down, taking my face between his palms, then he kissed me. And suddenly everything just felt right.

“I just wanna be your Superman,” he smiled, sitting down next to me. I laced my fingers with his.

“Okay,” I whispered.

“Okay?” He repeated, a shocked expression spreading across his face.

“Yeah,” I smiled, looking away in embarrassment. “But now what?”

“I have no idea,” he replied, and we both began laughing. Even though I have no idea where this is going, somehow being with Harry just feels right. And I know everything will work out.