Got Your Back

Your POV-

Harry slid into the backseat of the Escalade, adjusting his jacket. In the front seat, the driver gave him a head nod before pulling out of the parking lot. My heart was hammering loudly in my ribcage, and the feeling only intensified when I noticed Harry’s hard gaze fixating itself on me.

“What?” I questioned, crossing my legs. I noticed his eyes drop down to my exposed legs and my new pumps, but I ignored it. “Is something wrong, Harry?”

Slowly, and almost too slowly, his eyes made their way back up to my face. He snorted softly, his jaw clenching and unclenching. “What the fuck was that shit you pulled back there?” he whispered harshly. He rolled his eyes. “I know you thought you was protecting me and shit, but you can’t lie on the fucking stand, (Y/N)-”

“Well what was I supposed to do?” I questioned, harshly. He looked taken aback by my attitude, but I was beyond giving a fuck. I did what I had to do to keep my man out of jail, and that was all that mattered. “I was the only witness, and they didn’t any security footage to prove what I said was a lie. I wasn’t gonna sit there and admit that you shot John.”

Harry sighed, massaging his temples with his hands. “If they find out you lied, the both of us could go to jail.”

I sat in silence for a moment before speaking softly, “Harry, anything I want or need, you got me. You stay providing for me, and you do so much for me, and I’m so fucking grateful for that,” I paused to give him a lingering kiss. “But you and I know that there are boys out there that is jealous of what we got.” *GIF*

“Let them be jealous,” he murmured. His hands grabbed my face, and he brought me in for another kiss.

“Yeah,” I smiled. “But you know they wondering how you get all this, and they’re willing to rat you out for any little thing you do just to break us apart,” I pulled away from him. “I wasn’t gonna let that happen today. I don’t care about the risks; all I care about is keeping you at home where you belong.”

He smiled, licking his lips. “Damn,” he leaned back in his seat, his eyes roaming over my body. “I didn’t even know you cared like that.”

Laughing, I playfully smacked his arm. “Yeah, I care. I got your back through everything: the highs and the lows,” I smirked. “I don’t care what you say about me lying for you today. I had to protect what’s mine.”

“I know, baby,” he spoke softer this time. “And I want you to know that I love you, alright?”