Pilot Jones

Harry frowns as he watches you take another drag. His nose instinctively wrinkles up, and when you look over at him, he tries his hardest to look at anything but you. The smell is driving him insane, but as long as you’re willing to spend time with him, he’s content with remaining quiet. You send him a grin giggling as his frown deepens. He hates the fact that you never take him seriously.

“Why are you serious all the time?” you whine as you stretch across the sofa, so your legs lie across his lap. “You weren’t this stingy when we first met.”

“You just always smoking in my damn house,” he complains. “And you never working, so you just always lying around the damn place.”

“I got a job,” you complain giving him a gentle kick to the leg.

“I mean that you ain’t got a real job,” he says. “As far as I’m concerned, dealing isn’t a real job.”

“It pays real money,” you mutter. “I don’t even see why you upset. Your raggedy ass works at Sears.”

“You just need to stop smoking so much. What if my mum wants to stop by? She's not gonna be ok with you getting high in the kitchen.”

You snort before blowing smoke in his face. “Boy, your mother hasn’t stopped by to see your ass in over a year.”

Harry narrows his eyes upset at your comeback. You know that he doesn’t talk about his family deserting him, yet in every discussion you always want to mention it. He folds his arm across his chest, and tries to focus on the football game.

“Harry, I’m sorry,” you say moving closer to him. When he stays quiet, you lean on his shoulder. “I’m sorry, baby.”

You place your fingers under his chin and tilt his head so that he’s looking into your eyes. His heart beat accelerates slowly as his eyes drift towards your lips. He lowers his head slowly allowing his lips to brush against yours. He would never tell you out loud, but he was addicted to the way your lips feel on his.

You always smokin’ in the house

What if my mother comes over?

You can’t get up and get a job

Cause this little hustle’s getting you by

You’re the dealer and the stoner with the

Sweetest kiss I’ve ever known