Till It Happens To You

Your POV

He was on the couch, and I was on the armchair across from him. We stared at each other, not one of us saying a word. The tension was strangling us both alive. I glared at him, and he glared back.

Maybe it was the heat of the moment, but I just had to leave. I couldn’t take it anymore. We’ve lied so much to each other that it was clear we couldn’t fix what was already broken.

I stood up, glancing him over one last time. Then I left. He didn’t try to stop me or even ask where I was going, not that I wanted him to. I didn’t even know where I was going. I just needed to clear my head.

I walked down the street to the park where were first met. The day I fell off the monkey bars into Harry’s arms, that was the best day of my life. From day one we were perfect for eachother.  We were inseparable, and it felt like heaven.

Looking back I never thought it would get this bad. I never thought it would get to the point where we were constantly fighting and lying to each other. You never believe it can happen until it happens to you. We were going to get married one day, maybe even have kids together, grow old together. But the truth is that’s not going to happen anymore.

I went back to the apartment, and it felt like a whole different place. The atmosphere had completely changed. It was no longer the loving place it once once. Now it is only cold and dark.

Maybe it could have different, but it’s not. If only someone had warned me. Oh well…you just never believe it will happen until it happens to you.