4 Page Letter

Your POV

I peeked around the corner, waiting for Harry to go to his locker. *GIF* I clutched my books to my chest, hoping it would keep me from falling over. I was so nervous, I could hear my heart beating in my ears, and I was sure everyone else could too. My heart nearly skipped a beat, when I saw Harry approach his locker. As Harry pulled out the note and began reading, I replayed the words in my mind. 

Dear Harry,

I don’t know how to tell you this. I’ve tried to tell you this in person, but I could never grow the courage. Ever since that day last year, when you stood up to those guys who were bullying me, I’ve had a crush on you. I don’t know if you knew, but it really meant a lot to me to have someone stick up for me the way you did. I tried to tell myself, that it didn’t mean anything, but I couldn’t get over it. I’ve fallen for you…….

The letter was four pages. I had spent all night working on it. When I had finished it, I sealed it with a kiss, hoping that if this letter worked my next kiss would be from him. Four pages. I know it’s a lot, but I didn’t know how else to let him know how I felt. I was too shy to tell him in person, and even with this letter I felt vulnerable. 

What if he doesn’t feel the same way? What if I’ve made a mistake? I watched Harry shove the letter in his pocket, and my heart sank. I quickly turned briskly heading back down the hall. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. 

I was about to turn the corner, when I felt a hand grab my wrist. “(Y/N) wait,” a familiar deep voice, said behind me. I turned to find Harry standing behind me.

“What do you want?” I cried, trying my best to hold back my tears.

He looked away, dropping my wrist. For a moment he just stood there awkwardly, almost looking nervous. “I got your letter,” Harry finally said after such a long pause.

I wanted to run and hide, but my feet wouldn’t move. I just stood there preparing for my rejection. I could hear mama’s words running through my head. ‘Be careful who you love.’ I’m afraid I’ve fallen for the wrong one.

“Go ahead just say it,” I sighed, preparing myself for his rejection, but it never came.

Instead Hy said the exact opposite. “I was wondering if you want to go out with me on Friday?” He asked, nervously.

I didn’t reply. I just stood there mouth wide open in shock looking like a damn fool. “What?” I gasped, pinching myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

He took my hands in his, looking me right in the eyes. “I’ve liked you for awhile. I was just too shy to do anything about it. I was afraid you didn’t feel the same way,” He smiled.

“Then why did you crumple up the letter earlier?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

“What? Oh you saw that. I saw Liam coming towards me, and I didn’t need him giving me anymore grief about not making my move already,” He explained, his eyes never leaving mine.

“Oh,” I replied, looking away from him nervously. I could feel my heart flutter at his touch. 

“So what do you say? Friday at 8?” He asked. 

“Yeah, Friday’s good,” I replied, smiling. I could feel my heart racing so fast, I thought I might pass out. 

“Cool, I’ll call you tonight,” He said, a grin spreading across his face. He waved goodbye, then disappeared down the hall. 

I stood there watching him. I couldn’t believe the guy of my dreams just asked me out. This was the best day of my life.