1. Just Let Me Try

Ship: Natepat

Summary: Nate was working on a new song, which is about Matt. The theorist catches Nate crying while singing and decides to question him about it.

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: None you're safe

_________________________

You and I
We both know well
I couldn't this by myself
And everyday it's all the same
You picked me up when down I fell

The ebony strummed his guitar singing softly, he ran a hand through his messy hair, his eyes were bloodshot. He'd been up all night thinking about his roommate - Mathew Patrick, the theorist had gone down to the shops to pick a few things up for the two, Nate had taken this opportunity to work on his song.

He'd put his heart and soul into every word, the song with it true meaning was actually about the male however he had chosen to hide it and pretend it was about one of his favourite TV shows Steven Universe. He sighed heavily but slowly more words exited his lips, he sung softly it seemed as if the slightest thing could break him.

But I'm still standing through and through
I know exactly what to do
I'll give it everything I got
Expect I'm not stronger than you

His eyes were closed, he didn't want the song to be just simple words, to him the meaning was so much deeper. Images of the theorist filled his brain and a small smile spread across his lips before he remembered, the male wasn't his.

Mat meant the world to Nate, he wished he could bring himself to admit to the male only he couldn't, he had too much fear of being rejected, his breath was shaky yet he never stopped singing, the musician's only wish was to have the courage to spill the words and confess his feelings to Mat, only he knew he couldn't.

But I'll be your shield
I can be your lion
I'll dry your eyes if I see you cryin'
Believe in me
And I won't let you down

The theorist opened the door too the flat the male's shared, he'd just came back from the shops and had two carrier bags filled with snacks and a couple of cheap movies, he grinned to himself. Nate was getting forced to join movie night with him, Stephanie would be coming over later with Jason also.

The male looked around the house without finding any trace of the ebony until he heard the soft beautiful enchanting singing voice that belonged to Nate, he took a few deep breaths unsure as to why he was nervous. He leaned against the door, one ear pressed against it, he listened, the musician's voice was hypnotic but he sounded almost sad.

But now we've come so far
I know just who we are
And we shine brighter than any gem
Between us and the sun

A few stray tears rolled down the ebony's cheeks, he couldn't control himself, he knew he was pathetic crying because he had feelings for someone who he thought would never return them, crying because he was too much of a coward to confess.

His brain and thoughts were laughing at him sneering at him, making him out to be an idiot, a fool. He heard a sharp breath come from behind the door however he assumed it was merely his own breath. Nate's eyes fell on the sheet of paper a few inches away from him, he studied the lyrics on them until he was sure they were burned into his brain.

Now it's just you and me
Like it was meant to be
And I'll protect you
I'll defend you
If you let me try
We'll stay together now and forever
Just let me try

The theorist on the other side of the door tried to stay silent, he knew he was lucky to not have attracted Nate's attention. He watched the male and felt a pain in his heart, he felt sadness by looking at him.

Slowly he put a hand on the door and pushed it open, taking a few steps forward he entered the room,
"Hey Nate."

The musician looked up from the sheet of paper and his guitar and he quickly hide his face.
"Hi Mat I didn't hear you come in." His voice had a somewhat nervous tone to it.

You and I
We both know well
I couldn't do this by myself
You say you're fighting for my mother
But won't see how much I've grown
But I can't believe everything that I'm told
I'll fight until the end
When I'm young and when I'm old

"I like the new song, what's it about?" The theorist asked taking a seat down next to the male and blushing slightly as he hadn't realised how small the sofa was. The male answered with a small stutter and tried to scoot away from the blond, trying to give him more space and every second being so close to him was hell for the musician,
"S-Steven Universe."

Mat frowned,
"You don't need to back away Nate." Nate didn't react to what his roommate/best friend had said instead he plastered his eyes to the ground to scared to look upwards.
"I-It's better this way, trust me," Nate muttered, meaning him backing away was better for him but in protest to the male he edged his way closer until he's almost sitting on top of the singer.
"I like being close to you though."
The ebony blushed darkly but didn't say a word to Mat.

"Nate," He spoke softly and put a hand on the side of his best friend's face usually he was talkative but he was barely saying a word and wanted to be apart from the theorist, he swallowed thickly and continued speaking,
"Is something wrong? Have I done something?"

He shook his head and pried it away from the theorist's hands and sang again.

Stay with me
Fight with me
Victory's abound

The theorist cocked his head to the side in confusion, he didn't understand what the ebony was doing, he looked at him. He noted the dark blush on his best friend's face and gently he took his face within his hands again pressing their foreheads together,
"What are you doing to me?"
The ebony looked straight into the theorist's eyes and saw the same beauty and kindness he saw him them every time he spoke to him, slowly he closed the gap between the two of them pressing their lips together.

Nate began to softly kiss the blond, he felt his heart racing madly and he was terrified of what would happen when the kiss finished when Mat pulled away but suddenly the male whose lips were against his began to move in sync with the musician's.

Now we've got this
You can't stop us

Finally the two had to pull apart for air and Mat smiled softly at the blushing ebony,
"I thought you'd never do that."
Nate grinned widely,
"The song was written for you Mat."

The theorist smiled and took Nate by the arm as the doorbell went signalling that Stephanie and Jason were there for movie night.

Eventually that kiss blossomed into so much more

Very cliché I know hope you enjoyed this
Now let's crack onwards