32. It's over isn't it

SHIP:
Natepat

SUMMARY:
We'll see

GENRE:
Idk

WARNINGS:
Death

EXTRAS:
It's over isn't it - Steven Universe
Also I love Steph and respect her and Mat's relationship because it is adorable!

This is also rushed so it's bad I promise a better chapter is coming. . . Hopefully

WORDS:
501

_________________________
I was fine with the woman
Who would come into his life now and again.
I was fine 'cause I knew
That they didn't really matter until you.

"I'm sorry Nate. . . It's just not working out between us. . . I won't lie. . . I fell in love with another."

Those words still haunted the musician has he stood alone, tears streaming down his face. People in the street stopped and questioned if he was okay but he pushed them off, pushed them away like he had with everyone else. Nobody understood how he felt about Mat not even the theorist himself had - he'd fallen in love with her. . . Of course he had. . . Stephanie was everything he wasn't.

He remembered watching two of the kiss at their wedding, he watched and acted happy smiling widely for the photographer, hiding his jealously the fact he wished it was him.

I was fine when you came
And we fought like it was all some silly game
Over her, who she'd choose.
After all those years, I never thought I'd lose.

"I thought you loved me," Nate had spat back as a venomous reply, he'd known Stephanie had been out for Mat but he never assumed she'd win his heart.

"You're just a phase!" He'd told her coldly trying to mask the fact that he was scared, he'd never wanted to lose Mat the man he loved.

Stephanie had him, she'd won him over and now she had the privilege to call Mat her husband a title Nate had wanted to give the blond.

It's over, isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it over?
You won, and he chose you, and he loved you, and he's gone.
It's over, isn't it? Why can't I move on?

Tears streamed heavily down his face as he kept it held down arriving at the house he'd wanted to get to. He entered it without saying anything.

Morgan greeted him and held a gun up a smirk on her face, "You ready Sharp?" She asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be. . . What have I got to lose now."

War and glory, reinvention
Fusion, freedom, his attention,
Out in daylight, my potential,
Bold, precise, experimental,

Who am I now in this world without him?
Petty and dull with the nerve to doubt him?
What does it matter, it's already done.
Now I've got to be there for his son.

It's over, isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it over?
You won, and he chose you, and he loved you, and he's gone.
It's over, isn't it? Why can't I move on?