140. Mirrors

SHIP:
Danti

WARNINGS:
I don't think there should be any but as I said before I write these before the oneshot lmao

EXTRAS:
I'm writing this currently huddled up on my bed cuddling the panda toy my girlfriend gave me

WORDS:
584 (this probably won't mean anything to anyone else but it means a hell of a lot to me)

_________________________

Ever since Anti was a kid he always had a fear of mirrors. It wasn't like it was the actual object itself he was scared of ,I mean he slept with four of them in his room, no it was what lay on the other side, when he was a child it was the fear that something would come out and take him to the mirror realm where he'd be forced to live for all of eternity but as he got older it was what the reflective glass showed him that scared him. He would look back at his own reflection and overwhelmingly want to smash the glass however he had bad luck as it was there was no point multiplying it. Anti hated what he saw staring back at him cause he knew that wasn't him, the image staring back at him was what had been created through years of bigoted lifestyle and judging kids who made him have to select very carefully what he was going to wear to go out in his own town otherwise he would get the shit ripped out of him so depending on where he was going he would dress in a way he knew would be deemed acceptable although honestly he didn't know why he worried about being accepted and not judged by a bunch of drunkards and kids who thought they were hard takin' a bunch of drugs, they already judged him anyway cause he didn't join in instead he sat there and basically played the parent role.

Anti loved eyes, now he hated things done to his eyes but eyes themselves he absolutely loved, they could tell so much more about a person than any other facial feature. What their eyes read was how they actually felt even if their lips formed a smile, that Anti had learnt very quickly watching his own reflection. He could force his lips to form a smile and force his voice to come out cheery... he had previously taken drama it wasn't that hard for him to act but his eyes were the one thing he couldn't alter and they would always give him away. Appearance was only half the problem Anti knew that but it was one thing he focused on and he wasn't vain... quite the opposite to be honest but appearance concerned him but only cause the way he looked wasn't how he felt and it felt like he was looking at a complete stranger every morning and that terrified him because he was looking at someone that wasn't him, everyone else was seeing someone who wasn't him.

Dark was the one who unintentionally and without even realising it half the time helped Anti, small comments helped him pick himself up and he felt more confident. The boy would always be anxious about other things and always worry about something or other but appearance wasn't something he didn't have to worry about if he had people he could be himself about and even if he didn't look the way he felt he once felt at home among friends and his boyfriend, as time went on he grew more and more comfortable with who he was.

He could look in a mirror without being afraid.