Coma- Bellarke AU

*complications arise while Clarke is giving birth to Bellamy's daughter and she ends up in a coma*

*trigger warning*

Bellamy looked down at the baby girl staring up at him. Barely a day old.

She had these bright green eyes, and a tiny gift of blonde hair. Bellamy hadn't gotten a look in. But it hardly mattered.

Clarke and their daughter was all that mattered.

He felt like he couldn't breathe every time he thought about it.

He had wanted to wait until the hospital was fully up and running before they started trying for a baby but Clarke insisted that they make the most of their life together.

He'd been so excited when she had told him she was pregnant.

They had been married a year and it had been absolutely perfect.

He choked back tears as he remembered their wedding day.

The only dressmaker left in Arkadia had spent 3 months making Clarke's dress and she had looked astonishing.

He pulled the baby into his arms. "Your mom was so beautiful baby girl." He sobbed.

"Is." He corrected himself.

Clarke wasn't dead. She was in a coma.

He kissed the baby's forehead.

"Mommy's coming back." He cried.

***

Bellamy went to visit Clarke the next day. He wasn't allowed to stay in medical as it was too crowded.

He leans forward and kissed Clarke softly on the forehead.

It almost looked like she was sleeping, her chest was rising and falling normally, but she remained unconscious.

Abbey had explained it to him. Something about the strain of childbirth and blood loss.

Abbey said she needed time to heal, and that when she was better she would wake up.

Bellamy wasn't so sure.

He'd never felt so close, yet so far away from Clarke.

He lay the baby girl on her moms chest.

"Clarke?" He whispered, as if he could wake her.

He had his hand on his daughter back.

"Clarke please... our daughter needs her mom." He sobbed, tears fell from his face.

He remembered the first time they had said I love you.

It was after the battle for the Valley.

Bellamy had been shot in the abdomen, and Clarke had rushed in to save him.

She was holding his stomach together and he was sure he would die.