Season 4 AU- Thank you for saving my sister

*Gabriella on YouTube making me sob ALOUD with this one*
*BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW BELLAMY'S SISTER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD TO HIM AND ECHO DECIDED THAT THAT DIDN'T MATTER*
*Bellamy thanks Clarke for saving his sister*
***

"My guard will offer us protection."

Bellamy could hear Kane and Roan discussing the plan, but his brain was miles away.

All he could think about was yesterday, almost losing his sister, before they had a chance to make up. Before he had a chance to be forgiven.

The thought of it made him light headed. Actually losing her. Never being able to see the girl he raised again.

He felt weak at the knees.

"She died a good death."

The memory of Echo's words brought tears to his eyes.

How could she?

He saved her life, offered her an alliance after she killed his girlfriend, Bellamy had given up so much for Echo, for peace and she killed his sister.

He winced inwardly.

Octavia had been dead. Her heart had stopped. The only reason she was alive was Clarke.

He looked over to the girl. A familiar look of worry fixed on her face.

"Thank you Roan, that's very kind." Kane said, distracting Bellamy from his thoughts.

He cleared his throat.

"I have to say goodbye to Octavia before we leave." He said quickly, darting out of the room.

Clarke waited a moment, but followed him. She knew he would be hurting right now.

She knew that his sister was the most important thing in his life.

She still remembered the pit in her stomach when she saw Octavia, bleeding out in front of her.

She had never fought harder to save someone in her life. Without Octavia, Clarke knew that Bellamy would give up.

Clarke wouldn't be able to bear losing Bellamy on top of everything else.

There was a reason he made it on to that list.

Clarke couldn't live without him.

And though she knew he didn't feel the same, she needed to protect him, even if it meant dying herself.

"If I'm on that list, you're on that list."

Bellamy's words sent a shiver up Clarke's spine.

She was at the door of the med bay, she could hear Bellamy trying to talk to Octavia.

"Come on, O. I'm your brother." He pleaded.

Clarke could hear the tears in his voice.

"Why do you think you're still alive?" She heard Octavia snip.