Roman

I took Seth recommendation and asked Nikki on a date. I found a place not to far from her hotel, and went a head a drove the extra miles. I just wanna get to the bottom of it.

Dinner has been fun, but nothing serious has been discussed

" Roman, can you pass me the salt."

" Yeah. But Nikki-"

" And the pepper." 

I pass both to her and watch as she shake it on her meal. She smiles at me when she is done.

" Nikki, I just don't get it."

" Roman, we already talked about this."

" I know... I know. But I come home and it's lonely. When I bought the house I envisioned you and me."

" I get that Roman, but I just need sometime. I don't wanna get married now and 5 years down the line I regret it."

" Well, the more time you take to think the more you make that a possibility."

" That's not true."

" Yes, because every time we talked this week it seemed like your answer keeps changing."

" Because I am changing."

" Is this about the ring?" I ask. " Because I still have it."

" No."

" Well, Nikki you gotta talk to me. Because I am in my mid 30's and I just wanna settle down again. And I don't wanna waste anymore time on this if it's not going anywhere."

" Are you calling me a waste of time?"

" No, of course not. But what's the problem?"

She rolls her eyes before taking a deep breath. " Sasha. My problem is Sasha."

" What? Why? " I ask in amazement. " I don't even talk to her."

" Roman, I see you 2 times a week, 3 times a week if I am lucky. Because I am not on the same roster as you. But Sasha, Bayley, and Charlotte are. So during my 9 months away from you all, I could think about were you having sex with one or all of them. Then when I moved in with you, that idea got to me more. I sit here in this huge house all by myself, and that thought consumed me."

" Nikki, I am sorry. I didn't know what to say. But you don't think I think about you with John, Randy, or dolph."

" That's different."

" How?

"  Because you just found out about Randy, and Dolph is injured. Plus John is filming a movie."

" Well, Nikki I don't know. Like what do you want me to do?"

" I don't know Roman, but I can't keep dealing with this issue of trust. Because it's clear that I don't trust you and you don't trust me. "

" Well, you don't have a reason not to trust me. I literally did nothing wrong. I never cheated on you, in the 2 months we have been together. Unlike you, I don't know how many times you've been with Randy behind my back. "

" Then take a break from me, Roman."

" I don't have time for breaks, Nicole. This isn't high school anymore, you can be with one day and not the other. Literally the other day we are engaged and the next day we are not."

" Roman, you are the one that took the ring back."

" Because I was hurt."

" So you're allowed to hurt, but I'm not."

" Nicole, I never said that."

" You pretty much did."

" How?"

" Because you won't give me my space."

" Nicole, you make everything so damn complicated. There are times I wish I was back with Galina."

" Did you seriously just say that?" She asks. But before I can even answer she talks again. " Roman, you are literally so disgusting right now. Don't talk to me every again." She she says then leave the table.

" Well there goes a solution." I mumble