BRIE

" Bye, babe." I yell out the car as Daniel walks into the lobby of the hotel. He looks back with a little of embarrassment causing Nikki to laugh a little. I roll the windows up as we hit the highway. "You're getting married!" I yell but the look on her face shows she is absent. " I know that look... What's wrong?"
" Roman."
" What happened now?"
" He lied to me and said that his parents didn't want to come. But his parents actually had no idea that we were getting married."
" Wow!"
" Yea, I know."
" Did you all talk?"
" Yes. I told him to call them today."
" Well, you seem pretty upset."
" I am because should I just leave alone or just be angry, I am just scared because we are getting married in like 4 days."
" Bring it up. Because it's only going to eat you up and make you bitter."
" Yea, I will."
" Good. So what are we doing first?"
" Well, first I need to get gas, I am almost empty." Nikki says turning into the nearest gas station. " But I want to focus on the goodie's bag."
" The venue's didn't offer to make you guys some?"
" Yea, but they would charge us like $200 a dollar a bag. That would have been like $40,000... Yea I don't think so. So I am going to make some goodie bags myself. I have a delivery guy dropping off these mini bottles of red wine because that was the first drink we ever shared together. And then we are planning to put some other little things in there."
" Speaking of planning... I am officially done with planning your bachelorette party."
" Brie, it bet not be anything stupid... And you know what I mean when I say stupid."
" Yea, but it's your bachelorette party... You only get one. Well, unless..."
" Unless Nothing." Nikki opens the door and gets out to go to the gas station. Once she does, I get out and call Roman.
" Hello?"
" Hey, it's Brie."
" Oh, how's everything? How long can you stall Nikki for the surprise?"
" Well, we are at the gas station. But don't do anything yet... She told me about the whole parent problem and she upset. Just talk to her first."
" Alright, just try and stall her as much as possible. Bye."

________

#BlackLivesMatter