Chapter 25

I was to depart, with a chance of never seeing my dearest friend again. Revali had insisted that I stay a couple more days, which I obliged; However after another week of trivialities, it was time to go. It was a cloudy morning, which matched the mood well. I wished it hadn't, but the weather was not mine to control. Revali walked me to the stable, but he wasn't happy I was leaving. I guessed it was because of all we went through. Though I wasn't the only person to believe in his abilities, I was the person who believed in him the most. I had no doubt that he will protect Hyrule with all he has.

"Remember that Death Mountain is hotter than you think. After all, it is a volcano." Revali commented, as I rolled my eyes and laughed at his remark.

"Obviously Revali, but don't worry. I won't fall into the lava." I remarked before taking (H/N) out of the stable. The stable man went to get my horse as I continued to speak with Revali.

"I just don't want you to do anything stupid or rash. You are important to me (Y/N)... and... I enjoy your company. The last thing I want you to do is behave like a moron!" Giggling at his words, I noticed the stable man leading (H/N) to me. Moving slowly, I greeted my beautiful horse before looking at Revali again.

"I promise I won't be a moron Revali. Besides, if I do end up in a dangerous situation, I have the lessons you gave me, so there really isn't anything to worry about." I noticed that Revali's nerves were not calmed in the slightest. He was nervous about my departure, and I barely had any clue as to why; However, that persona completely disappeared in a matter of seconds.

"Obviously, you useless girl!" He spat as he clicked his tongue. I was once offended by those words, but now it seemed more like a compliment, "Anyway... about my kite shield-"

"Oh, that's right! I completely forgot about it. Sorry! I was about to take it from you! I didn't mean to do that!! I just forgot about it is all!!!" I rambled, struggling to take it off my back. I attempted to grab at the petty Rito's shield, but he took my trying hand and put it in his own. The only emotions I felt were astonishment and a little bit of shock. Should I have been used to it by now? Most likely, yet... I still was surprised by his action. Revali, once the Rito that threatened to kill me, became such a caring soul, that really just wanted to protect everyone, mostly the loved ones he cared so much for. I was happy to be part of such a small group of people.

"I..." Revali struggled to form the words, "I want you to keep it."

"R-Really? B-But you told me that-" He interrupted me again.

"I know but... I want you to be safe. And if my shield saves you from a fatal defeat in battle, then... I am willing to part with it for the time being." Tears started to form in my glossy (E/C) eyes, as I looked at Revali's own peridot green eyes. I felt so honored! Suddenly, even before I could process my actions, I hugged Revali tightly. I was going to miss him so much. Revali embraced me as well, and we shared a loving moment. A part of me didn't want to let him go. I was afraid that he would disappear once I broke the embrace. Revali had ran his hand through my hair lovingly, before releasing his feathered arms from around me. Tears were flowing from my eyes, down my bright red cheeks. My emotions were getting the best of me.

"T-T-Thank you, Revali!" Was all I could say through my intense sobs. Before I could say anything else, I walked over to my beautiful horse, debating if I should leave or not. It was for the best, "I-I bid you farewell M-Master Revali, and I h-hope to see y-you again." I stuttered, climbing onto (H/N) back. (H/N) started to trot away but after a moment, I turned back to Revali, "Oh and Revali?!" I started, "Stay in the eye of the wind, then and only then will you achieve mastery of the wind and sky!" I cracked the reigns and then I was gone.