Goron Ending

Their souls disappeared as well as King Rhoam's. Into the afterlife they went, never to return to Hyrule. Link's eyes shifted from nothing to a slight movement. He snapped his gaze down to notice that I was breathing. I was just in a coma. My stomach had sealed itself back up, the gap being replaced by an almost white tissue.

I was alive.

...

All was dark. Had it been months? Years? A couple days? I couldn't tell. Everything was empty. But even then what was true emptiness? Even black isn't devoid of nothingness because it is something. From what most classify as nothing, a light shined from the distance growing ever closer. It was a raging red matched with gradients of orange and yellow. When I got close enough, I noticed that it wasn't completely colored. No, there was a silhouette in the middle. A Goron with a flip-over on top of their head. 'Yun...obo?' I thought, reaching my hand out toward the light. When I was able to touch it, I woke up, falling out of bed.

"(Y/N)! Oh, goodness, are you hurt?!" Zelda queried, coming to my side rather quickly. I was shocked for a moment, not believing my eyes. It was really her. Encapsulating her in a tight hug, I began to cry out tears of joy. "I'm glad to finally see you again as well... (Y/N)." She then proceeded to explain everything that happened. That my wounds healed out of nowhere, that Link and she took me back to Hateno, and that I've been asleep for close to a week. I could hardly believe it.

"That's a lot." I admitted, making her laugh. "Zelda?" She hummed in affirmation before I continued, "Um... There... I have somewhere I need to go."

"Oh? And where would such a place be?"

"Goron City. Something is drawing me there. Just before I woke up, I saw a Goron reaching out to me... I think... I believe it was Yunobo, Daruk's successor." Zelda, at first, seemed shocked, however, a soft smile slowly decorated her features as she understood everything she was told.

"Once you are healed up, then you are able to head to Goron City. I would feel better knowing you were traveling at your best, rather you still being injured." In two weeks, I would begin my journey to the volcano. In the time of healing, I realized my true feelings. I couldn't wait any longer to see him.

...

"Ah! The tiny traveler has returned!!" Bludo celebrated, putting his fists into the air. Though he couldn't see it, I was smiling under my helmet. "What brings you all the way back to Goron City?!"

"I came back to see Yunobo. Do you know where he is?" I answered sweetly, as the older fellow stared around, trying to spot the young descendent of the mighty Daruk. However, he was nowhere around. "It's alright if you don't know. Do you have any idea where he might be instead?" Bludo didn't have a clear answer for me, mentioning that Yunobo was home not long ago. Thanking the Boss, I bowed my head a little out of respect, before making my way over to the home. Indeed, he wasn't there. Humming, I sat on his bed of rocks, trying to think where he could possibly be. That was when something clicked. Standing up, I ran past the Boss's home, before running up the hill, toward the North Abandoned Mine. Making my way across lava, I made it to the top.

There he stood, looking out to Isle of Rabac and beyond. He hadn't noticed me yet. There was so much to say to him, about my journey and all the confessions I wished to share. However, none of them wanted to leave me. 'What if he didn't feel the same as I did?' One question made me rethink everything. As I was about to silently leave, rocks slipped under my feet, alerting him. When the gentle Goron turned around, a Luminous Stone lay in his hands. Upon meeting my gaze, he gasped, dropping the rock in his hands. Without another moment to waste, I was pulled into his embrace. "You came back, goro!" He cried, holding me closer.

"Yunobo?" I questioned, which released him, "I have something very important to tell you." There was a heartbroken look in his eyes, however, he urged me to speak. "I almost died a week ago and by some miracle, I was saved. In that sliver of a dying moment, I realized what was really important to me. I saw you." From shock the Goron took a step back. "S-So... I wanted to tell you, Yunobo... that I'm in love with you!" I did it. I really did it.

"I love you too, (Y/N)." Yunobo stated soon after. We were both stunned for a moment, I'm sure. Nevertheless, when we snapped out of it he embraced me once more. I couldn't have been happier in this moment. Tears of joy would have flowed; however, they would have evaporated the moment it would leave my eyes. A human and a Goron... who would've thought?