Chapter 136

At a moment of great concern and circumstance, I watched as my partner was getting attack by a monster of not great circumstance, and yet deadly in the right conditions. Electric Wizzrobes were the most dangerous of the type. They could call upon thunderstorms if you are bad at aim, and when such a thing occurs, you have to put all your metal away. Now, the most difficult part about this is later game phenomena. You start the game with mainly wooden weapons, however, later on, stronger weapons are made of metal. Electricity conducts through metal obviously. Do you see where I'm going with this? Link is in that phase so at the moment, he is trying his hardest to kill Wizzrobes without electrocuting himself. Wizzrobes plural. First he had to kill multiple Lizalfos. Then attempt to kill Wizzrobes, which he failed miserably at. And now he is running for his life. Well, climbing for his life.

When he finally made it to the top, blue illuminated in the stead of orange, as the charged Electric Wizzrobes bounced around, calling upon another storm. After the tower lit up, there was a moment of pause. He didn't come back down. I wondered if what was preoccupying him in the moment. That was until I saw blue fly into the air before disappearing. 'He left me.' I thought blankly, staring around the area for him to just appear next me. However he wasn't there. As per him teleporting.

Setting up camp further away from the water, I cooked some meat over the fire, wondering when he'd get back. I pondered what he was doing, where he was, and when he would get back. Question after inquiry passed through but would never escape my head. They piled on my brain, causing me to worry more. And then nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. 'Am I becoming too codependent on him?' I thought, 'No, him and I are just friends... aren't we?' Staring up at the tower, my eyes didn't witness a thing. 'Where are you, Link?'

Such a sense of isolation and utter loneliness. I wondered if this feeling would ever go away. I could live on surely, but a large pit of emptiness hung in my stomach. This feeling of dread weighed heavily on my shoulders, and all I could do was wait for it to go away. Suddenly, a blue light shined just out of my view, before my eyes snapped to the tower. Miniscule blue symbols formed Link's far off figure. Suddenly, that hole filled itself with relief. "Sorry for leaving so suddenly." He spoke, sitting on the other side of the fire. "I remembered that there were some shrines that I had to skip, so I went back to do those. First I went to Mozo Shenno Shrine, so I wouldn't have to deal with the Hebra anymore, and then I teleported to Tena Ko'sah Shrine. I also brought that Korok the Ice Rod. Then I used all my Spirit Orbs on Stamina." He seemed happy that I got it for him. I came back after that. What did you do?"

"Just waited for you to come back. I couldn't really have done anything, you know?" I smiled, before a clasp of thunder could be heard from a distance. Link's eyes darted to Thundra Plateau, and that certain spark lit up again. He asked me what that was, before I briefly explained, "Oh, that's Thundra Plateau. It's a constant thunderstorm over there." His interest never deteriorated, "You want to go over there? There is a shrine." His mind was decided, and I followed him to the location. Upon entering the area, Link spaced out for a moment, before going straight for the closest ball. Good ol' red that mocks me so. The first time I came to this area, I didn't even process that I could use Stasis to shot the ball down. My only goal back then was to get on that head and catapult it across that way. That works too, but it is hard to get up there with Revali's Gale. But when there is a will, there is a way. As I had done years before, Link attempted to climb the dragon head, only to slip all the way to the bottom.

"I have an idea." And suddenly, I was being raised up. A yelp of surprise passed my lips, as Link continued to motion me to climb up. Getting on top, I stared at him for instructions. With the use of Statis, I pulled out one of my weaker weapons, before slapping the ball like crazy. When the effect dispersed, the ball went flying to the center. One less ball to worry about for now. Making our way right, Link's eyes immediately directed toward the orange orb. It was high up there. "Hm... the monks love torturing me, huh?" A cackle rose up in my throat as I tried my hardest not to let anything out. Using Revali's Gale, Link reached the top of the dragon tower. He stayed up there for a small while, before the orb went flying onto the raised land. "I think that's all of them, let's go." A small, rather friendly pat sent a chill up my spine. Not the conventionally bad chill, however. Said surge of emotion was filled my heart with warmth and love. It was raining, and I was cold, however, my heart was far from the chill.